sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Can't do it : "The specified add-on is already installed. Please use the upgrade page if you would like to upgrade it"
Yes, that's it.
You posted your own answer already.
You have already instructed on that.
Access this: YOU_FORUM//admin.php?add-ons/sonnb_xengallery/upgrade

I was very surprised to not find that permission. The existing permission "People who follow me only" is very wrong and completely senseless since everybody can follow anybody, so it makes no sense using it as a protection. It also is confusing, because people are used to "People I follow only".

Best solution would be to change the existing permission "People who follow me only" to "People I follow only".
I was getting ready to make my site gallery public until I noticed that I only want people I follow to view my gallery.

Another issue I have that's preventing me from making it public is an issue someone brought up in another thread. Content scrapers copy site's info from their RSS feed and since the gallery now has RSS, I'm gonna have to make most of the gallery as 'Members Only' due to both that issue and the potential EXIF location data issue.

I was getting ready to make my site gallery public until I noticed that I only want people I follow to view my gallery.

Another issue I have that's preventing me from making it public is an issue someone brought up in another thread. Content scrapers copy site's info from their RSS feed and since the gallery now has RSS, I'm gonna have to make most of the gallery as 'Members Only' due to both that issue and the potential EXIF location data issue.

You should disable RSS (or at least send no images with it) and strip out the location from all uploaded data. I am sure there is a "Disable RSS switch" in the options of this add-on or at least a RSS feed template to be able to edit and remove the picture from it.

Strip location data from file can be done easily if you use your own server (or at least a VPS) with jhead installed with one simple line change in a XenForo file.

Last edited:

I do not understand. Make all albums become "Members Only" is the same with only give Gallery permission to Registered Users only.

EXIF data only available in original photos which cannot be crawled. It also not available in RSS.

I do not understand. Make all albums become "Members Only" is the same with only give Gallery permission to Registered Users only.

EXIF data only available in original photos which cannot be crawled. It also not available in RSS.
That post is not a complaint, just telling HWS how I was going to handle the lack of a "People I Follow Only" permission by making the gallery Members/Registered Users only (same thing).

RSS also uses privacy. They cannot view it if they do not have permission to view it. There is no option to turn off at this time.

Alert:
UserX tagged you in the album Album Title. Click to Approve or Deny.

What is tagging for in the Gallery?
I did approve it straight in the Alert but if I did not where could I find it?

Alert:

What is tagging for in the Gallery?
I did approve it straight in the Alert but if I did not where could I find it?
It is face tagging. You could see in by hover on tagged place on photo or hover on your name below photo's description.

upload_2013-8-29_14-27-4.webp

Another little bug
1. This is IF user have Credits(addon Credits 1.2.1.1) and don't have any resources):
bandicam 2013-08-30 07-19-22-435.webp
2. This IF user have a money and have a resources OR ANY other addon which put statistics in user area:
bandicam 2013-08-30 07-24-26-418.webp
3. And this IF user have and resources and albums but don't enables ANY addon which put statistics in user area.
bandicam 2013-08-30 07-26-03-580.webp

Another little bug
1. This is IF user have Credits(addon Credits 1.2.1.1) and don't have any resources):
View attachment 55537
2. This IF user have a money and have a resources OR ANY other addon which put statistics in user area:
View attachment 55539
3. And this IF user have and resources and albums but don't enables ANY addon which put statistics in user area.
View attachment 55540
Maybe same with this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sonnb-xengallery-paid.54795/page-25#post-617812
And answered: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sonnb-xengallery-paid.54795/page-25#post-617826

Back
Top Bottom