sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Some strange little(?) bug(?).
When I added new photo to default album (just tryed), suddenly from nowhere appeared NEW empty album "Profile Pictures"(WTF?!). BUT I didn't create this album and until this moment I don't seen his anywhere. :)

And when I selected ONE of my album in "Manage Albums"-menu, I got this message: "Please confirm that you want to delete following 2(?!) albums."

I tried creating a new category, have this error:

Server Error
in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, integer given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. in_array() in sonnb/XenGallery/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 57
  3. sonnb_XenGallery_ControllerAdmin_Category->_getCategoryAddEditResponse() in sonnb/XenGallery/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 109
  4. sonnb_XenGallery_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionAdd() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Some strange little(?) bug(?).
When I added new photo to default album (just tryed), suddenly from nowhere appeared NEW empty album "Profile Pictures"(WTF?!). BUT I didn't create this album and until this moment I don't seen his anywhere. :)
Default album is Profile album. Each user has one Profile album.

Server Error

3. sonnb_XenGallery_ControllerAdmin_Category->_getCategoryAddEditResponse() in sonnb/XenGallery/ControllerAdmin/Category.php at line 109
  4. sonnb_XenGallery_ControllerAdmin_Category->actionAdd() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
Oops, I will fix it.

You are fast man.... (y)

I have an understanding problem on how XenGallery works compared to PhotoPost Pro.

In PP, the basic concept is, that the admin creates several predefined categories and the users then can upload images to these fixed categories and can comment, rate etc. on these images. The possibility to create albums are more or less a sideeffect in PP. A nice to have feature, but not the basic concept.

These albums are created by the users themselves (if they want to). Most of the users do not have albums at all. These users only upload into the categories (i.e. landscapes, wildlife, people, B&W photography) and are not interested in albums. So it is quite common to have 20.000 images in all these categories, but only 500 images in albums. The images in the albums are totally different ones than the images in the categories. They are uploaded seperately.

After having now the first test import done (actually you did it for me because of a speciall problem) and looking at XenGallery, it seems to me that everything is based on albums and so it is not possible to keep the exact same structure of the gallery after converting from PP to XenGallery. I see at the moment only albums, and if I select from the drop-down menu a category, no images are existing in this category. But it should have over 3000 images in total in different categories.

Is this correct? And if yes, is there any hope to produce a similar category based concept in XenGallery?

Thanks again for your help.

---

update: I found out:

Everything is based on Albums in XG. So you import all PP first, then you go in ACP and select the different "albums" and "move" them with the butoon on the bottom into the category where it belongs to. That's it.

There are some minor text tweaks to be done, so that it sound better when selecting as a user a category, but this is minor stuff...

When user create an album, he would able to choose which category he want to upload to.

Default album is Profile album. Each user has one Profile album.
I see, BUT WHY this album not seen nowhere from start?

Server Error

Same thing... :)

Hi

I would like to start a thread about using the XenGallery. Discussing about all kind of little tweaks, changing settings etc. I am afraid this thread here would not be the correct place to do this. Where would be the appropriate place for this within the XF-Support forum?

What about the XenGallery support forum? http://www.sonnb.com/forums/xengallery.23/

For sure the support forum would be a good place. But the leverage is a lot bigger, if this discussion is within XF-support forum so that also users who do not know this addon get attracted. The more the author can sell this addon, the more features we will get and the sooner they are implemented...

I am really impressed with the speed of development here.

I would love to see sonnb also develop a Review addon similar to reviewpost from photopost. Whoever would be interested in this, click on "like".

I know that he has no time at the moment for this, but with this speed, there are no XenGallery-features left anymore to implement in 3 months from now... :D

@sonnb, all neccessary permissions are granted. BUT users can't post comments to photos in albums... Very strange. Even I'm can't leave comments to my own albums. I'm writing comment, push "Post Comment" button and... nothing happens. This mean absolutely.

Hi

I would like to change some of the images for the category which act like a kind of "category icon". How do I do this?

Back
Top Bottom