sonnb - XenGallery (XenForo Gallery) [Deleted]

Hi,

I am very impressed by the speed you are pushing new features into this addon. I would like to know, whether this softwar could also be used as a kind of platform where my XF users can use it like their own individual internetsite.

So they have one link like on Flickr which they can send to others and via this link only thier own photos are shown. Separated in categories, searchable by cameras and lens data etc.

Second question: You offer tags for different cameras. Is it also possible to search for specific lenses and/or lens combination with aperture and shutterspeed? Or search-combinations of images made with a camera model i.e. Canon 5D at a certain ISO setting i.e. at ISO1600?

---

Correction: I did not mean FB, I meant Flickr.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am very impressed by the speed you are pushing new features into this addon. I would like to know, whether this softwar could also be used as a kind of platform where my XF users can use it like their own individual internetsite.

So they have one link like on FB which they can send to others and via this link only thier own photos are shown. Separated in categories, searchable by cameras and lens data etc.

Second question: You offer tags for different cameras. Is it also possible to search for specific lenses and/or lens combination with aperture and shutterspeed? Or search-combinations of images made with a camera model i.e. Canon 5D at a certain ISO setting i.e. at ISO1600?

It would keep the way currently it does.

As far as I know, even Flickr still does not support search by camera's speed, aperture. Of course it could be done but maybe later.

How can I get photos to work with [BD]Attachment Store. Gallery is the only add-on I have not moving them to /data so I can use a second domain for caching via that mod.

It would keep the way currently it does...

Sorry, but I do not understand. Does that mean your addon is able to do this now already?

I corrected my above posting. I meant Flickr, not FB...

As far as I know, even Flickr still does not support search by camera's speed, aperture. Of course it could be done but maybe later.

Exactly. So a great business idea, if even Flickr does not offer it. My users would love this combination search stuff. This is what all photographers love to see /search for before buying a new camera ;)

This is my link: http://www.sonnb.com/gallery/authors/sonnb.1/

But it lists all albums/photos/tagged photos, not separated by categories.

o.k., that looks good to me. At the end of the day, the user can create his albums with titles like "nature", "people" etc., if he wants to categorize it that way.

In your profile, I found the "Additional Info", but without ISO numbers. Is this normal? Or did you delete something? Because in the Exif data, normally ISO, aperture, lens used, focal length etc. is available and should be visible there ?

o.k., that looks good to me. At the end of the day, the user can create his albums with titles like "nature", "people" etc., if he wants to categorize it that way.

In your profile, I found the "Additional Info", but without ISO numbers. Is this normal? Or did you delete something? Because in the Exif data, normally ISO, aperture, lens used, focal length etc. is available and should be visible there ?
How could it show those information if the photo does not have them :D. This picture has: http://www.sonnb.com/gallery/photos/85/ you should click on "settings".

...click on "settings".

ah, o.k., did not know that I have to click to see all. Would it be possible, that the admin can display 3-4 more information out of the EXIF info, so that the suer does not have to click on "settings"? Or to dipslay a hint that you have to click on thoese numbers to get all EXIF in a pop-up window?

ah, o.k., did not know that I have to click to see all. Would it be possible, that the admin can display 3-4 more information out of the EXIF info, so that the suer does not have to click on "settings"? Or to dipslay a hint that you have to click on thoese numbers to get all EXIF in a pop-up window?
Currently not. It would make the settings layout ugly. It is flickr's style, I believe it shows most of important settings. Users would know that after the first time.

what kind of information does the search box of XF is using while doing a search on your addon?

A far as I can see, the search does not go through the EXIF data. Would it be easy possible to modify the search, so that it looks also through the EXIF data - just in your addon - not for the whole XF forum?

Another question:

I have Photopost Pro integrated with XF. It worked fine with an old PP version and XF 1.1.3. After the upgrade of XF to 1.2 and PP to 8.4, this integration does not work yet properly. There is a conflict with the addon "nodes as tabs" and it seems also that the new PP integration addon has some conflicts with XF 1.2, when turning it on.

Would it nevertheless be possible to import all Photopost Pro 8.4 images, comments, ratings and albums into XenGallery? If yes how, if the PP-integration addon is disabled in the ACP of XF?

And along the line: I use with my XF-forum both, the PP integration and the xf-albums as well at the same time. Would I be able to import both at the same time into XenGallery?

Last edited:
what kind of information does the search box of XF is using while doing a search on your addon?

A far as I can see, the search does not go through the EXIF data. Would it be easy possible to modify the search, so that it looks also through the EXIF data - just in your addon - not for the whole XF forum?
It does not support search by EXIF data yet.
Another question:

I have Photopost Pro integrated with XF. It worked fine with an old PP version and XF 1.1.3. After the upgrade of XF to 1.2 and PP to 8.4, this integration does not work yet properly. There is a conflict with the addon "nodes as tabs" and it seems also that the new PP integration addon has some conflicts with XF 1.2, when turning it on.

Would it nevertheless be possible to import all Photopost Pro 8.4 images, comments, ratings and albums into XenGallery? If yes how, if the PP-integration addon is disabled in the ACP of XF?

And along the line: I use with my XF-forum both, the PP integration and the xf-albums as well at the same time. Would I be able to import both at the same time into XenGallery?
PhotoPost pro import is supported and it does not require PhotoPost active. It just need database information of PhotoPost.

It seems like that you have created a great gallery plugin and as soon as I switch to xenforo I will also use xengallery.
I am thinking if it would make sense letting image uploaders have the ability to sell a bigger downloadable version of the image using paypal and bitcoin. Currently, there are not many gallery solutions to implement which enables users to sell bigger size images.

It does not support search by EXIF data yet....

So this would be a feature in a future version? This sounds REALLY cool. Now this obvious question is of course: when is the future?

PhotoPost pro import is supported and it does not require PhotoPost active. It just need database information of PhotoPost.

o.k., that sounds great. Just to make sure I do not break anything when doing this:

If I first import the Photopost Pro stuff into XenGallery, how do I then import afterwards the data of the addon XF-Albums? Can I repeat importing things as much as I want to? Does this not conflict with suerid etc.?

It seems like that you have created a great gallery plugin and as soon as I switch to xenforo I will also use xengallery.
I am thinking if it would make sense letting image uploaders have the ability to sell a bigger downloadable version of the image using paypal and bitcoin. Currently, there are not many gallery solutions to implement which enables users to sell bigger size images.
I think you could do it with Resource Manager, as a gallery addon, it would not support selling function. When upload albums, users could choose who can download full photos (bigger/original), I think it is good point that match a bit on your requirements.

So this would be a feature in a future version? This sounds REALLY cool. Now this obvious question is of course: when is the future?
It is not a big deal, but would be available later. I do not have timeline for you at this time.

o.k., that sounds great. Just to make sure I do not break anything when doing this:

If I first import the Photopost Pro stuff into XenGallery, how do I then import afterwards the data of the addon XF-Albums? Can I repeat importing things as much as I want to? Does this not conflict with suerid etc.?
You can import both of them 10 times if you want, no breakdown here. Just make your data duplicate 10 times :D

I think you could do it with Resource Manager, as a gallery addon, it would not support selling function. When upload albums, users could choose who can download full photos (bigger/original), I think it is good point that match a bit on your requirements.

It is not a big deal, but would be available later. I do not have timeline for you at this time.

You can import both of them 10 times if you want, no breakdown here. Just make your data duplicate 10 times :D

With data, do you mean users or do you mean the photos in the albums? I do not mind photos, I can delete the. But duplicating users wouldbe a nightmare

With data, do you mean users or do you mean the photos in the albums? I do not mind photos, I can delete the. But duplicating users wouldbe a nightmare
Seem that you are misunderstanding the importer. It would not import your users, users must be imported by XF. XenGallery only imports albums/photos/categories/comments, it would not import your user's data.

Back
Top Bottom