sonnb - XenGallery - Video Upload

sonnb - XenGallery - Video Upload 1.2.4

No permission to download
The question is...¿Who is the girl of the demo?

i like asian girls too
I don't know her name :D
Is it possible to expand this addon and also support XenForo Media Gallery?
:)
I do not think so.
I get this in my error log after uploading an MP4. The video works and plays fine.

And this error when trying a .WMV:
How do I fix?? :)
Same error with a .FLV. Help please, as I have many videos to upload!

You should upgrade your ffmpeg to the latest version

Okay, I am running a "newer" version of ffmpeg now. It works better, but produces this error when trying to upload a 25MB .WMV:

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded -library/PHPVideoToolkit/ProgressHandlerNative.php:99
Generated By: Unknown Account, 17 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(43) "http://www.xxxxxxxx.net/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(43) "/index.php?gallery/albums/xxxx.2/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

I'm going to try to increase the max execution time via a custom php.ini and see what happens.

Last edited:
After increasing the value in php.ini, it doesn't error out right away, but takes a really long time, apparently converting, but then never finishes and eventually produces the error again. :(

So you are still having this issue @zoldos ?
I'm about to buy the software myself too, for the same reasons - and it will be brilliant I am sure.
I currently have XFMG but will move for this. Without doubt. ;)

I'm still having the issue yes. Mp4 videos work fine since that is the default format, but I still can't upload/convert WMV, FLV, etc. even with the "newer" version of ffmpeg.

It is a great script for pictures tho, highly recommended!! :D

After increasing the value in php.ini, it doesn't error out right away, but takes a really long time, apparently converting, but then never finishes and eventually produces the error again. :(
I'm still having the issue yes. Mp4 videos work fine since that is the default format, but I still can't upload/convert WMV, FLV, etc. even with the "newer" version of ffmpeg.

It is a great script for pictures tho, highly recommended!! :D
You must consider that converting video is a very CPU intensive task. If you do not strong enough server, it will kill your server. If you upload a 500MB video, it will take hours to convert. Therefore, you should either upgrade your server or allow upload MP4 only. I am having an user with thousands of uploaded videos. The key is your server power.

I tested it with a 20MB .WMV and an .FLV less than 10MB. Shouldn't these have no problem converting? The server CPU was at 80% but conversion never finished....

I ran my old site also on shared hosting and allowed videos up to like 250MB which converted just fine...

I tested it with a 20MB .WMV and an .FLV less than 10MB. Shouldn't these have no problem converting? The server CPU was at 80% but conversion never finished....

I ran my old site also on shared hosting and allowed videos up to like 250MB which converted just fine...
You mean this error?
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded

I'm having some issues getting the codec package installed in Ubuntu..
Anyone managed to successfully install FFmpeg packages installed correctly in Ubuntu?

I managed to do this, with some workarounds.

Last edited:
Okay peeps, I am having hell installing this!
"You need to have ffmpeg-php extension installed to use this add-on"

Ubuntu user here... I've managed to get ffmpeg installed, and working.
However I cannot get ffmpeg-php installed.
I would appreciate some help, or pointers with this.. @sonnb are you around?
:cautious:

No, D-O droplet.
ffMpeg is on latest version :(

I've installed it all in putty and am stuck building the php. The only thing stopping us.
Code:
root@:~# aptitude install php5-ffmpeg
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  php5-ffmpeg{b}
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
Need to get 15.8 kB of archives. After unpacking 57.3 kB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
php5-ffmpeg : Depends: libavcodec52 (>= 4:0.5.1-1) which is a virtual package. or
                        libavcodec-extra-52 (>= 4:0.5.1-1) which is a virtual package.
               Depends: libavformat52 (>= 4:0.5.1-1) which is a virtual package. or
                        libavformat-extra-52 (>= 4:0.5.1-1) which is a virtual package.
               Depends: libswscale0 (>= 4:0.5.1-1) which is a virtual package. or
                        libswscale-extra-0 (>= 4:0.5.1-1) which is a virtual package.
               Depends: php5-common (= 5.3.29-1~dotdeb.0) but 5.5.9+dfsg-1ubuntu4.9 is installed.
The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     php5-ffmpeg [Not Installed]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] y
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

root@:~#

This anything to do with it?
ffMpeg PHP
and
ffMpeg Ubuntu

What also concerns me is this;

ffmpeg-php is quite old, in fact, as said on ffmpeg's website:

ffmpeg-php is not developed since 2007 (and requires "ffmpeg-0.4.9_pre1 or higher") means that you are restricted to use a very old version of ffmpeg, without possibility to update it to the latest version. Since a lot of changes/improvements are being made, inside ffmpeg's code, every day, it makes ffmpeg-php incompatible with the latest ffmpeg.

ffmpeg developers suggest to rather use ffmpeg directly with php exec function in cli or with php functions like exec and parse the result if needed.

Anyway, if one needs a simple api to process audios and videos or retrieve information from them, there's a new php api called PHP-FFMpeg

It's quite easy to use:
So will that work??

Last edited:
Top Bottom