1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG 1.1 some questions from a sonnb XenGallery user

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by zoldos, Jan 31, 2016.

1. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

I might convert from sonnb's XenGallery to XFMG. Does it convert *everything* (tags, comments, etc.)? I also use Nobita's Groups mod, which integrates with XenGallery. Does XFMG support this? Also, what kind of widgets can I setup? I currently have 3 sets of widgets that display various updated picture albums, etc.

Lastly, is it reversible? Like if I *try* it, can I then simply "disable" the add-on and go back to how it was, or will the conversion move/rename files?

Thanks!

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes it does.

It's the other way around -- we don't officially support any third party add-ons but that third party add-on might have support for XFMG. You'd have to ask the author of that add-on.

We don't support Widget Framework, though we do have a few blocks which can be added to Widget Framework. The only ones we really support are
    • Gallery statistics
    • Recent comments
    • Recent / Random media
    Yes, it is. The import process copies the files, therefore leaving the originals in place.

3. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

Okay thanks! So to try it, simply disable XenGallery, then install XFMG? And then the opposite to go back (except just re-enable the old one)?

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yep nice and easy.

zoldos likes this.
  5. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks!! :D