MG 1.1 some questions from a sonnb XenGallery user

zoldos

I might convert from sonnb's XenGallery to XFMG. Does it convert *everything* (tags, comments, etc.)? I also use Nobita's Groups mod, which integrates with XenGallery. Does XFMG support this? Also, what kind of widgets can I setup? I currently have 3 sets of widgets that display various updated picture albums, etc.

Lastly, is it reversible? Like if I *try* it, can I then simply "disable" the add-on and go back to how it was, or will the conversion move/rename files?

Thanks!

Does it convert *everything* (tags, comments, etc.)?
Yes it does.

I also use Nobita's Groups mod, which integrates with XenGallery. Does XFMG support this?
It's the other way around -- we don't officially support any third party add-ons but that third party add-on might have support for XFMG. You'd have to ask the author of that add-on.

Also, what kind of widgets can I setup? I currently have 3 sets of widgets that display various updated picture albums, etc.
We don't support Widget Framework, though we do have a few blocks which can be added to Widget Framework. The only ones we really support are
  • Gallery statistics
  • Recent comments
  • Recent / Random media
Lastly, is it reversible? Like if I *try* it, can I then simply "disable" the add-on and go back to how it was
Yes, it is. The import process copies the files, therefore leaving the originals in place.

Okay thanks! So to try it, simply disable XenGallery, then install XFMG? And then the opposite to go back (except just re-enable the old one)?

Top Bottom