[SolidMean] ForumBackup

[SolidMean] ForumBackup 1.3.01

No permission to download
yep, shell would be preferred, but some site managers may let you do that through an option somewhere.

And yes, you can restore to a different database by changing the db_to_restore value.

The add-on isn't really limited by database, but more by your hosting setup. It can handle large databases, but i would suggest a dedicated solution outside of XenForo to do that

why would you not want to compress the files and save save? You'd essentially doubling the space of your website with every backup.

It may be useful when I need restore the db from backed up data via mobile phone. Otherwise I will need shell command application. But doesnt matter, its really great add-on even like that...

I use the external backup to Dropbox and I'm starting to notice this again..

Screenshot_01-22-06.png

My Settings:
Screenshot_01-23-08.png

Screenshot_01-23-23.png

Screenshot_01-24-29.png

Screenshot_01-25-57.png

Screenshot_01-26-58.png

I'm sorry if I don't see it, but what are you noticing again? The times the backups are run from ForumBackup? Something with DropBox?

I'm sorry if I don't see it, but what are you noticing again? The times the backups are run from ForumBackup? Something with DropBox?

It's duplicating my backups onto Dropbox and not deleting old backups from the Dropbox like it used to. Example; I used to just have 2 backup files in my Dropbox that would always update per backup taken. So if it reads there's a backup from 12/25 and I take one on 12/26, it'll delete the 12/25 backups and replace them with the current ones, 12/26.

Your screen shot is confusing. It looks like there are duplicates (the names with the "(1)" on them), but I don't see the actual original file names. Did you delete those, or did the ForumBackup addon?

Dropbox has an option on its account on whether it should overwrite files with the same names, but I don't see any files with the same names. But that doesn't appear to be the issue.

I would suggest that you change your date format to "d-m-y-siH" and turn on the addon's debug option, and send me the results. I'm curious also as to when you have your backups set to run via the cron tasks.

There might be a bug in the DropBox addon that doesn't recognize those duplicate names with "(1)" in them when it tries to determine the oldest files to delete. Technically, you wouldn't want to create 2 backup files with the same name, which is why I suggest you use the default datetime format of "d-m-y-siH".

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] ForumBackup with a new update entry:

12/29/2015: Version 1.2.00 (new options, background changes)

- Added support for future Google Drive
- Rewrote code that instantiated the SFTP extension class to make it more similar to other extensions.
- Added options to choose whether or not to compress the database backup and/or code backup file(s).

This will be the minimum version required for the future Google Drive extension.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm going to signup for Google Drive, any instruction on how to setup your backs to work with it?
also will it than only back up to gdrive or both gdrive and my server?

I'm going to signup for Google Drive, any instruction on how to setup your backs to work with it?

I haven't got much into Google Drive yet, but from what I've seen, I believe it is similar to the DropBox extension, in that you create an access token to an app/folder on your Google Drive account.

also will it than only back up to gdrive or both gdrive and my server?

In theory, you'll be able to choose to "delete the local copy" of the backup file on your server (database, or code) and only keep it on Google Drive. You'll also be able to choose the number of copies to keep on the remote system. That's how the SFTP and DropBox extensions currently work.

Top Bottom