[SolidMean] ForumBackup

[SolidMean] ForumBackup 1.3.01

No permission to download
Install went smoothly.

Set it to back up last night at 2:00am. 8 hours later still no backup.

Is there a manual backup button? Something I can click on to start the backup...

Install went smoothly.

Set it to back up last night at 2:00am. 8 hours later still no backup.

Is there a manual backup button? Something I can click on to start the backup...

Make sure that 02:00am in your cron tasks are correct. The cron tasks are server time, but if you look at the list of cron tasks, it'll give you the actual time it will run, based on your locale. So you might set the time for the backup to run at 0200 in your cron, the actual time may very.

For instance, my daily database backup is set to run at "midnight", server time.
upload_2016-3-8_13-52-42.webp

But if I look at the list of cron tasks, it tells me when it will be, local to me, 6:00pm
upload_2016-3-8_13-53-54.webp

If you turn on the debug option on the miscellaneous tab, it will produce a debug log file when the backup runs. Try that, and then send me the output in a conversation here, and I'll take a look to see if there's a problem with it.

Here's an odd one. Well odd in that I've never seen it, but not odd where it showed up. When I opened Tapatalk and went to a conversation, the "maintenance mode" alert popped up. I was able to clear it and it was fine, like it never happened.

Verified that the backup was not actually occurring, as it runs at 4 and 4:30 am. Went back to Tapatalk and opened the same convo, same message pops up. Went to a thread, same message. Every time I go to any thread or convo on the forum, I get it. I turn the forum off during backups as it runs on a VPS so it doesn't choke like my other forum which is on a reseller account.

Chalk up another Tapatalk fail. No idea why it would be happening, and no idea when it started as I don't use TT typically for anything but push alerts.

Hi,

When restoring from a backup the table of users seems missing. What might be the reason: a faulty backup or we do something wrong when restoring? Thanks in advance.

I would suspect the restore didn't work as planned. You can unzip the database backup and verify that it has 'INSERT INTO xf_users' lines it , indicating the users table is backed up.

The backup is performed at the database level, if it failed for some reason, there should be a log of the problem in the app debug file, or a server error

Reactions: WoL
Well, it depends on many factors. specifically time limits set by hosts, drive space, etc. I've seen it work with 5gig (compressed) databases. I have a 10gig file system that the code backup works with.

This is meant for daily, full database, backups. If you have a commercial forum, I'd suggest paying for a solution that stores the database file offsite, or will allow you to take incremental backups.

And as for the Google Drive add-on supplemental addon, I haven't forgotten about it. It is just a real pain to put together with the lame documentation and examples, and the fact that I think there are 3 different versions of the API to work with.

So as a status to that add-on, I'm still working on it, but I haven't even got a successful authentication with the Google Drive API to get any further, lol. Hopefully soon™

Top Bottom