1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SolidMean] ForumBackup 1.2.01

Schedule backups of your database and XenForo root directory

Tags:
  1. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

SneakyDave submitted a new resource:

[SolidMean] ForumBackup - Schedule backups of your database and XenForo root directory

Read more about this resource...

Matthew S, D.O.A., Robru and 4 others like this.
  2. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

Great idea. Did you test it?

3. Pinn

Pinn Active Member

Not work on 1.4

Code:
    exec() has been disabled for security reasons

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    exec() in SolidMean/ForumBackup/Install.php at line 74
    SolidMean_ForumBackup_Install->_installVersion1() in SolidMean/ForumBackup/Install.php at line 62
    SolidMean_ForumBackup_Install::build()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
    ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
    XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www//admin.php at line 13

4. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Could you add options to choose to backup forum directory or not, couse it will be nice that we can backup database on daily, and forum directory not often like database.
    Forum directory is choosen by where xenforo is installed or on some another critery? My forum is installed in root directory

SneakyDave likes this.
  5. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

Your host has safe mode enabled or blacklisted 'exec'... not related to XenForo ;)

6. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Looks great Dave. Would like to see an option to save database only.

SneakyDave likes this.
  7. SneakyDave

On 3 of my xenforo sites on 2 different hosts, and another site I know of on another host.

Great idea.

Yes, it looks like your host has disabled the exec() function on your system. I assume you're on shared hosting?

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  8. theraptor

theraptor Member

Now this is an addon that i awaited for :D thank you alot.

SneakyDave likes this.
  9. The Forum Heroes

Works but I get an error in acp error logs

Code:

XenForo_Exception: Bad return code from tar gzip, Output: /home/test/public_html/, Command: tar czvf /home/test/backups/testboard/forumbackup_2014-09-13-225034.code.tar.gz /home/test/public_html - library/SolidMean/ForumBackup/CronEntry/Backup.php:207
    Generated By: admin, 1 minute ago

Everything saved correctly though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  10. SneakyDave

That's a good idea, I'll look into that.

It's an absolute path, so it can be anywhere on your server that your web server has write access to.
    If your forum exists at /home/sunka/public_html/, you should create a directory above public_html such as /home/sunka/backups, allow your web server to write to it (maybe chmod 0777 /home/sunka/backups), and specify that directory as the backup location.

You could use the "data" or "internal_data" directories in your forum root, but somebody could download the backup files if they knew the name of it. Choose your backup names wisely if you choose to do this!

Your system must not like something about your tar command, or there might be a warning being generated from it. Can you turn on debug, and run it, and send me the output of it in a conversation? Or you can execute that tar command yourself, and see if its generating a warning?

Using exec() is troublesome to debug because a lot of times the output isn't saved when there's a warning or error.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Sunka likes this.
  11. The Forum Heroes

Log is clean (sending it now anyway) and no error executing the tar command manually. Seems it just doesn't like something the cron is triggering.

SneakyDave likes this.
  12. kingston

kingston Well-Known Member

What would have to be done to do this towards Dropbox?

13. SneakyDave

Not sure. Probably a lot of work. I'll do some investigation.

14. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

An auto upload to dropbox is a great. But this addon is already great anyway. :D

SneakyDave likes this.
  15. Robru

Robru Active Member

Nice addon :)
    Tonight the first run !

SneakyDave likes this.
  16. SneakyDave

You can run it manually from the Tools -> Cron Entries page too to make sure it works.

The next version will have the option to only backup the database or code, and fix a couple bugs that @Mike Edge pointed out to me

Sunka and Andy.N like this.
  17. SneakyDave

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] ForumBackup with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.1

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sunka likes this.
  18. SneakyDave

Update 1.0.1 released. See release notes for more information.
    Make sure to visit the add-ons options page, new ones have been added.

Andy.N and Sunka like this.
  19. TheBoss

TheBoss Well-Known Member

Looking very good , what would make it really worth installing for me would be the ability to upload backups offsite , like MySQLDumper..

[​IMG]

SneakyDave likes this.
  20. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

How long my site will be in maintenance mode? Will my site open again automatically after backup process?

SneakyDave likes this.