[SolidMean] ForumBackup

[SolidMean] ForumBackup 1.3.01

No permission to download

SneakyDave

SneakyDave submitted a new resource:

[SolidMean] ForumBackup - Schedule backups of your database and XenForo root directory

About
This is a great option for sites that currently don't have a scheduled backup routine in place for their XenForo installation.

This addon, once installed, will backup your database and forum directory as 2 separate files to a location of your choosing, preferably outside of the forum root. You can choose the name of the backup files, and the date format to append to the filename. You can also choose how often to backup your forum (daily, weekly, etc.) via the cron...

Read more about this resource...

Not work on 1.4

Code:
exec() has been disabled for security reasons

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
exec() in SolidMean/ForumBackup/Install.php at line 74
SolidMean_ForumBackup_Install->_installVersion1() in SolidMean/ForumBackup/Install.php at line 62
SolidMean_ForumBackup_Install::build()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /www//admin.php at line 13

Could you add options to choose to backup forum directory or not, couse it will be nice that we can backup database on daily, and forum directory not often like database.
Forum directory is choosen by where xenforo is installed or on some another critery? My forum is installed in root directory

Works but I get an error in acp error logs

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Bad return code from tar gzip, Output: /home/test/public_html/, Command: tar czvf /home/test/backups/testboard/forumbackup_2014-09-13-225034.code.tar.gz /home/test/public_html - library/SolidMean/ForumBackup/CronEntry/Backup.php:207
Generated By: admin, 1 minute ago

Everything saved correctly though.

Last edited:
Could you add options to choose to backup forum directory or not, couse it will be nice that we can backup database on daily, and forum directory not often like database.
That's a good idea, I'll look into that.

Forum directory is choosen by where xenforo is installed or on some another critery? My forum is installed in root directory

It's an absolute path, so it can be anywhere on your server that your web server has write access to.
If your forum exists at /home/sunka/public_html/, you should create a directory above public_html such as /home/sunka/backups, allow your web server to write to it (maybe chmod 0777 /home/sunka/backups), and specify that directory as the backup location.

You could use the "data" or "internal_data" directories in your forum root, but somebody could download the backup files if they knew the name of it. Choose your backup names wisely if you choose to do this!

Works but I get an error in acp error logs

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Bad return code from tar gzip, Output: /home/test/public_html/, Command: tar czvf /home/test/backups/testboard/forumbackup_2014-09-13-225034.code.tar.gz /home/test/public_html - library/SolidMean/ForumBackup/CronEntry/Backup.php:207
Generated By: admin, 1 minute ago

Your system must not like something about your tar command, or there might be a warning being generated from it. Can you turn on debug, and run it, and send me the output of it in a conversation? Or you can execute that tar command yourself, and see if its generating a warning?

Using exec() is troublesome to debug because a lot of times the output isn't saved when there's a warning or error.

Last edited:
Log is clean (sending it now anyway) and no error executing the tar command manually. Seems it just doesn't like something the cron is triggering.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] ForumBackup with a new update entry:

Update 1.0.1

09/14/2014: Version 1.0.1
- Added option to only update database and/or forum root.
- Added separate options of the number of copies to keep for database and code backups.
- Better verification of the backups being created. Backup file existence and file length are checked for validity.
- Fixed bug of board not being turned back on if backup fails.
- Errors in mysqldump or the tar/gzip will now be exported to the debug file, if enabled.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Looking very good , what would make it really worth installing for me would be the ability to upload backups offsite , like MySQLDumper..

mysql_ftp.png

Top Bottom