Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
my dear

Can you program an addon?
To make all forums on the site like this

screenshot-59.png

In other words, not groups
But all forums become like this

as social networking sites (facebook, twitter ..etc)

So that threads and replyes appear in the forums, and we can reply to thread without entering them >>>

I hope you understood my suggestion..

@truonglv

It seems that the created topics in the group cannot be assigned with a prefix, right?

Or did I make a mistake somewhere?

Could you please provide some guidance?

It seems that the created topics in the group cannot be assigned with a prefix, right?
Suggested about 6 months ago.

You can currently do it in a "backhanded" manner by creating the prefixes in the normal location (ACP -> Forums -> Thread Prefixes) and then set up different groups for your social groups... It simply has to be done by an admin with ACP access.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 8.06.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 8.07.07 AM.png
Ultimately it would be nice if the group admin had the ability to create prefixes for that area.

Suggested about 6 months ago.

You can currently do it in a "backhanded" manner by creating the prefixes in the normal location (ACP -> Forums -> Thread Prefixes) and then set up different groups for your social groups... It simply has to be done by an admin with ACP access.

View attachment 285603

View attachment 285604
Ultimately it would be nice if the group admin had the ability to create prefixes for that area.
It soon will be available.

Does this support the Resources and Gallery addons? What I mean is that each group will have its own Resources and Media...

Also, I would like to suggest to have a "Group Posts" feature, similar to Profile Posts.

Does this support the Resources and Gallery addons? What I mean is that each group will have its own Resources and Media...
Pretty sure it does..I know for Resources there is a setup tab for it (I don't use it). There is also an option to integrate XFMG, and pretty sure it isolates that area to the group according to whatever permission set that the group is set for (Private/Public/Hidden).

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 2.25.08 PM.webp

@truonglv I'm currently testing this.

Whenever I create a discussion inside a group, that discussion also appears on the index page of the main site. How can I disable that?
Luckily they are only visible to the creator of the group discussions but still...

Whenever I create a discussion inside a group, that discussion also appears on the index page of the main site. How can I disable that?
Luckily they are only visible to the creator of the group discussions but still...
I created a node category:

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 10.22.23 PM.png

I deselected the Display in the node list for that category I created.

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 10.23.49 PM.png

I then pointed the add-on option for discussions at the category I created

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 10.24.46 PM.png

And they the user groups can create discussions, but they do not show up in the node list.

Screen Shot 2023-06-08 at 10.25.45 PM.png

Hello. I am looking for the ability to create "Group Leaders" (non forum admins) who can confer Group membership on other forum users. When an individual is invited to a Group, then that individual will be able to display a Group User Bar on their profile page and in their posts.

Hello. I am looking for the ability to create "Group Leaders" (non forum admins) who can confer Group membership on other forum users.
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 4.45.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 4.45.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-10 at 4.46.28 PM.png

At one time, you could assign a group badge to the add-on... but apparently it's been removed now? @truonglv would have to address that. It's supposed to be a user preference, and it did work... but sometimes within the last update or so it appears to have quit working.

Last edited:
When an individual is invited to a Group, then that individual will be able to display a Group User Bar on their profile page and in their posts.
OK.. I think what you are referencing can also be done... guess a new slider for each group is now present.

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 12.16.22 AM.png

It gives you this

Screen Shot 2023-06-12 at 12.18.12 AM.png

The add-on indicates that it shows up in "other areas", but I haven't found it on the user profile page or the member info popup when you hover over a users name. It also will only show one.

OK.. I think what you are referencing can also be done... guess a new slider for each group is now present.

View attachment 287038

It gives you this

View attachment 287039

The add-on indicates that it shows up in "other areas", but I haven't found it on the user profile page or the member info popup when you hover over a users name. It also will only show one.
It will support other area in next release.

Are there any widgets to pull the latest content from each group?

I want to display x latest threads from within the groups as a widget, obviously respecting permissions.

If so, I’ll purchase immediately. If not, the search continues.

I want to display x latest threads from within the groups as a widget, obviously respecting permissions.
These are the two widgets that are available, neither which has to do with posts/threads.

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.38.51 PM.png

An example of a test event on my landing page of the site. It is a closed group and I am logged in as a user and member of it.

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.57.34 PM.png

It does not show up for guests or anyone not in that group.

But you should be able to use a normal "threads" widget to show posts in specific user group discussion areas.

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 4.41.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-18 at 5.13.42 PM.png

And it does not show to guests since it's a closed group discussion and they do not have permission.

Last edited:
ahhh, so I’d have to edit the widget every time a new group was created to include it in the results?

ahhh, so I’d have to edit the widget every time a new group was created to include it in the results?
Currently... yes. a nice feature that I wish that @truonglv would implement is the ability to select the master category that they are stored under also so that any that were created would show.

Top Bottom