Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Inconsistent Breadcrumbs

I think the breadcrumbs for this group should always be
Groups > Premium Category
NOT
Groups > Premium Category > Dragon Ball >

1696119550371.webp1696119555953.webp1696119563110.webp1696119570508.webp1696119577346.webp

Inconsistent Breadcrumbs

You will probably get better responsiveness by making the suggestions for improvements over on his support site as it's easier to be tracked there.
The suggestions that I have made (and that have been implemented) get responded to fairly quickly over there.

thank you very much for this update!

unfortunately since updating I've been getting an error on a different addon of mine and I'm not sure why that is but I believe it is because of this one.

ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "flp_user_age" on null

thank you very much for this update!

unfortunately since updating I've been getting an error on a different addon of mine and I'm not sure why that is but I believe it is because of this one.

ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "flp_user_age" on null
You need to provide the full stack trace. That almost looks like it's an add-on interacting, but without the whole stack trace it's hard to tell.
Use the code box to place i t in (press the 3 dots on the editor menu and look for the </>).

thanks. here it is. what's odd is it definitely is becuase of this addon but seems to happen anywhere, even in threads or pages that aren't in a social group or utilizing the custom addon. the a custom addon in questions purpose is to allow one prefix to make a thread age restricted.
Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "flp_user_age" on null in src/addons/Flp/Age/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 19
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Flp/Age/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 19
Flp\Age\XF\Entity\Thread->canView() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 25
Truonglv\Groups\XF\Entity\Thread->canView() in src/addons/SV/CollaborativeThreads/XF/Entity/Thread.php at line 643
SV\CollaborativeThreads\XF\Entity\Thread->canView() in src/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 57
XF\Entity\Post->canView() in src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 27
Truonglv\Groups\XF\Entity\Post->canView() in src/addons/SV/CollaborativeThreads/XF/Entity/Post.php at line 171
SV\CollaborativeThreads\XF\Entity\Post->canView() in src/XF/Search/Data/AbstractData.php at line 124
XF\Search\Data\AbstractData->canViewContent() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 272
XF\Search\Search->XF\Search\{closure}()
array_filter() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/AbstractCollection.php at line 197
XF\Mvc\Entity\AbstractCollection->filter() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 273
XF\Search\Search->getResultSetData() in src/XF/ResultSet.php at line 230
XF\ResultSet->loadResultsData() in src/XF/ResultSet.php at line 214
XF\ResultSet->limitToViewableResults() in src/XF/ResultSet.php at line 183
XF\ResultSet->sliceResults() in src/XF/ResultSet.php at line 193
XF\ResultSet->limitResults() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 216
XF\Search\Search->executeSearch() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 181
XF\Search\Search->search() in src/XF/Repository/Search.php at line 33
XF\Repository\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 437
XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 270
XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionMember() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

thanks. here it is. what's odd is it definitely is becuase of this addon but seems to happen anywhere, even in threads or pages that aren't in a social group or utilizing the custom addon. the a custom addon in questions purpose is to allow one prefix to make a thread age restricted.
If that's your own addon, without seeing the source in question (line 19 of that file), it looks like you could add a simple null sanity check right before that for whatever is being referenced with that "flp_user_age" property, and then not try to do anything if it is null (doesn't exist).

Got a feeling it's going to be interaction with Xon's collaborative threads add-on. Make sure you are on the most recent version of it. If so, try disabling it and see if you still have the issue. If not, then you need to get with both parties to have them resolve it.

thank you both for the advice for the advice, I do still believe this is due to updating social groups. disabling the addon fixes this error. something in the last update caused this.

If that's your own addon, without seeing the source in question (line 19 of that file), it looks like you could add a simple null sanity check right before that for whatever is being referenced with that "flp_user_age" property, and then not try to do anything if it is null (doesn't exist).
this is a custom addon i paid for, so im really not sure how to do this :(

Got a feeling it's going to be interaction with Xon's collaborative threads add-on. Make sure you are on the most recent version of it. If so, try disabling it and see if you still have the issue. If not, then you need to get with both parties to have them resolve it.
unfortunately no, uninstalling collaborative threads did nothing to erase the error, but thank you

this is a custom addon i paid for, so im really not sure how to do this :(
Probably worth passing this on to whoever made the addon to see if they can add a simple fix for it, then. It does look like the addition of a simple null check would probably be all that's needed.

Probably worth passing this on to whoever made the addon to see if they can add a simple fix for it, then. It does look like the addition of a simple null check would probably be all that's needed.
The person who made is no longer available, but I'd really like to hear from @truonglv since something in the last update changed that caused this

The person who made is no longer available, but I'd really like to hear from @truonglv since something in the last update changed that caused this

I'm doubtful that the Social Groups addon is the real source of the problem based on your stack trace. I checked the source of the indicated file related to this addon (src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Entity/Thread.php) and it does nothing there that should be able to cause such an error. It just potentially preemptively determines that a thread will be viewable if it is deleted or moderated and the viewer happens to have the appropriate permission set that allows them to view deleted or moderated threads.

If you don't mind sharing the contents of that specific file of your custom addon (src/addons/Flp/Age/XF/Entity/Thread.php) in a conversation or something, I could take a look and see if I can suggest an edit to fix it.

Question... I am noticing that social groups which create a forum have their forum showing up in my main forums list. I never remember that happening before. It's also problematic because these are forums that require for people to be approved before they may join and it also throws off our official forums.

Is there a way to make sure that group forums DO NOT appear in the main forum list??

I've never seen this happen before.

I'm prepare to make new own group node type for next release. That will be easier to integrate with node system.
If you are going that far, you may want to contemplate using your own system instead of depending on XF nodes. Permission indexing might present issues on lower powered systems when you get several hundred groups.

Top Bottom