Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
@truonglv

Thank you for developing a fantastic add-on.

I would like to provide feedback regarding the Comments and Guests in the event section, which should have a displayed count.

For example, there should be a displayed count of how many comments or how many guests have participated, as shown in the attached image.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 092655.webp

Will group admins ever be able to add their own prefixes?

Do you have plans for any better widgets?

1. Is there a page (something like /groups/feeds) that will publicly display all the post feeds? Something like the timeline/wall on social media.
  2. Is there an option to auto join group/s? For example, Registered user group must be automatically joined Group X, Y, Z, etc.

Last edited:
  1. Is there a page (something like /groups/feeds) that will publicly display all the post feeds? Something like the timeline/wall on social media.
  2. Is there an option to auto join group/s? For example, Registered user group must be automatically joined Group X, Y, Z, etc.
1. There is a page allows browse feeds from your groups
2. It is not available yet.

1. There is a page allows browse feeds from your groups
I tried the demo in your site but I cannot find the feeds that you mentioned so I made a screenshot of what I'm looking for. You may take it as a suggestion if this feature is not yet in your addon:
XenForo-Groups.webp
Here's my explanation on the numbered items:
  • 1 - It's a link that will go to the Feeds page. Or better yet, there will be an Admin option of what is the main page of the Groups, either the Feeds or the Groups List (the one in your demo).
  • 2 - A Group Feed Post Form. This way, users will not need anymore to go to the specific group in order to post a feed.
  • 2.a - User must select which group to post.
  • 3 - The feed/post items with all its functionality such as inline and nested commenting.
If this will be realized, I think we can have a social media (wall/timeline) functionality using your Groups addon.

And such a simple thing can make such a great improvement on display!

Screen Shot 2023-09-03 at 5.39.59 AM.png

I'm not a big fan of 3rd party add-ons for stuff I think should be "built in".... but I have to give the developer this... he listens to suggestions and implements them when they are reasonable.... the above is a classic case. It allows you to add some "pizzaz" to the fields.
This add-on (and the developer responsiveness) far outpaces the competitors.

Last edited:
Im still getting an insane amount of emails sent to my members and as a result my Email service is charging me extra. Emails have gone up 200%. This is not okay for me or my members!

I have suggestions and I would like all of them to be implemented but even one would make a huge difference.

1. Please make it so that the "NO emails sent" in user preferences is respected. Members who check that off do so because they absolutely hate receiving emails and I get complaints constantly. THIS PREFERENCE SHOULD ALWAYS BE RESPECTED.

2. All members who joined groups have all the group subforums set to alert by email regardless of group Email settings, and it also disrespects the NO EMAILS SENT in general preferences.

3. Make it possible to completely turn off emails being sent from this addon. My users are not interested in emails from groups at all. It's spam.

This addon is great but it's costing way too much money thanks to emails and users are now actively avoiding using groups because they find them annoying. This is not okay.

The following cannot be translated.

View attachment 291591
The following checkbox can't keep the value selected in the widget [tl] Social Groups: Events

View attachment 291592
It was fixed in next release.

Im still getting an insane amount of emails sent to my members and as a result my Email service is charging me extra. Emails have gone up 200%. This is not okay for me or my members!

I have suggestions and I would like all of them to be implemented but even one would make a huge difference.

1. Please make it so that the "NO emails sent" in user preferences is respected. Members who check that off do so because they absolutely hate receiving emails and I get complaints constantly. THIS PREFERENCE SHOULD ALWAYS BE RESPECTED.

2. All members who joined groups have all the group subforums set to alert by email regardless of group Email settings, and it also disrespects the NO EMAILS SENT in general preferences.

3. Make it possible to completely turn off emails being sent from this addon. My users are not interested in emails from groups at all. It's spam.

This addon is great but it's costing way too much money thanks to emails and users are now actively avoiding using groups because they find them annoying. This is not okay.
It has been improvement from next release.

As the owner of a group, am i supposed to be able to see the permissions for each member role?

1696042827249.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom