Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x)

Social Groups (XenForo 2.x.x) [Paid] 3.6.1

No permission to buy ($50.00)
Any demo?
Not so much a "demo", but he does have it running on his site.
You will have to join... and probably to be "nice" clean up any group you create. I doubt you will have ACP access to the back end.
This is a decent groups add-on, but at least for my use, it has several glaring warts that have been brought up in the support site and still not addressed after several months.
I personally hope that XF develops a fully integrated Groups add-on that makes FULL use of calendars for both registered users and guests. I would REALLY enjoy the ability for guests to see calendar events for the general public in the group calendar instead of it being locked down to members in a "closed" group.

Not so much a "demo", but he does have it running on his site.
You will have to join... and probably to be "nice" clean up any group you create. I doubt you will have ACP access to the back end.
This is a decent groups add-on, but at least for my use, it has several glaring warts that have been brought up in the support site and still not addressed after several months.
I personally hope that XF develops a fully integrated Groups add-on that makes FULL use of calendars for both registered users and guests. I would REALLY enjoy the ability for guests to see calendar events for the general public in the group calendar instead of it being locked down to members in a "closed" group.
What is the difference between groups and forums?

@truonglv love the updates to this great add-on, thank you! I just have a question/concern that I was hoping you could help me with. It seems under the "about" section of a group, where the names of group members and/or moderators may appear it is pulling from the phrase "staff_member."

This causes some challenges for us, as we have updated that phrase to more accurately reflect our community support members.

It would be really useful if this field could point to a new phrase, that could be updated as necessary. Can you or would you be willing to do that and/or could you provide an alternate fix?? We cannot have it pointing to XF's "staff_member" phrase :(

Appreciate you and any help you can provide - thank you!

socialgroups.webp

@truonglv love the updates to this great add-on, thank you! I just have a question/concern that I was hoping you could help me with. It seems under the "about" section of a group, where the names of group members and/or moderators may appear it is pulling from the phrase "staff_member."

This causes some challenges for us, as we have updated that phrase to more accurately reflect our community support members.

It would be really useful if this field could point to a new phrase, that could be updated as necessary. Can you or would you be willing to do that and/or could you provide an alternate fix?? We cannot have it pointing to XF's "staff_member" phrase :(

Appreciate you and any help you can provide - thank you!

View attachment 284547
OK. I will use own phrases for that.

Groups provide a way for your members to create their own community from within your forums, for special interests for example.

It’s a really nice addition if you’re building a community and want to allow your members to create their own niche through your forums.

I really recommend taking a look at someone’s site who’s running TL Social Groups and create one to see what it provides. It’s very nice.

Groups provide a way for your members to create their own community from within your forums, for special interests for example.

It’s a really nice addition if you’re building a community and want to allow your members to create their own niche through your forums.

I really recommend taking a look at someone’s site who’s running TL Social Groups and create one to see what it provides. It’s very nice.
Link site?

I can't install it, i get the error:

• XF\PrintableException: Batch install error: Entrez une valeur pour le champ obligatoire 'title'.
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:1223

#0 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/Setup.php(59): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#1 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php(62): Truonglv\Groups\Setup->installStep2(Array)
#2 src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerInstallTrait.php(29): Truonglv\Groups\Setup->installStepRunner(2, Array)
#3 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(295): Truonglv\Groups\Setup->install(Array)
#4 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(91): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepAction(Object(XF\Timer))
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(118): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(122): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(NF\Discord\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

array(4) {
["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["referrer"] => string(44) "https://....com/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRedirect"] => string(80) "https://....com/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=36"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["only_ids"] => string(2) "87"
}
}

Top Bottom