Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I would suggest creating a few test groups with various different settings to see which ones best fit your needs.
Thank you. Is there an easy way to change the phrase GROUPS to LOCAL CHAPTERS? I'm looking through the phrase system and it's seems a bit daunting...

Thank you. Is there an easy way to change the phrase GROUPS to LOCAL CHAPTERS? I'm looking through the phrase system and it's seems a bit daunting...
The phrase system is the only place to change phrases.

All phrases for the group system start with snog_groups with the exception of the navigation phrases, they start with nav.snogGroups. So, to change the navigation tab, you would change the nav.snogGroups phrase.

The phrase system is the only place to change phrases.

All phrases for the group system start with snog_groups with the exception of the navigation phrases, they start with nav.snogGroups. So, to change the navigation tab, you would change the nav.snogGroups phrase.
Thank you. And I have a feeling this may have already been answered somewhere in this long discussion - but what's the difference between forums and discussions inside a group?

Thank you. And I have a feeling this may have already been answered somewhere in this long discussion - but what's the difference between forums and discussions inside a group?
Discussions are usually used like giant private messages for group members (although they can be made public too). They are similar to forums, but do not have all of the functionality of a forum. For instance, you can't upload attachments to a discussion and you can only "like" a post in a discussion, you can't react to it. They also do not use the XF forum system at all and would not normally be visible to search engines.

Discussions are usually used like giant private messages for group members (although they can be made public too). They are similar to forums, but do not have all of the functionality of a forum. For instance, you can't upload attachments to a discussion and you can only "like" a post in a discussion, you can't react to it. They also do not use the XF forum system at all and would not normally be visible to search engines.
Thank you. Is it possible to turn off the "discussion" functionality? I have a feeling it'll confuse many people in my communities...

"Once the above items are created, they can not be deleted"

Why can't we delete Discussions if we don't want it anymore in an already created group?

"Once the above items are created, they can not be deleted"

Why can't we delete Discussions if we don't want it anymore in an already created group?
The message is intended for group owners. To prevent malicious removal of content, deleting things like a group forum can only be done by an admin.

I just never added deleting discussions in a group to the admin menu. I'll put that on the "things to do" list.

Last edited:
Which phrase do you change to change the title of the Group main page? Can't seem to find which one.

Which phrase do you change to change the title of the Group main page? Can't seem to find which one.
Found it - it's Groups - but it doesn't show up in the search phrases when you choose Social Groups as the addon to search for... it doesn't seem to follow the same naming scheme as this:

All phrases for the group system start with snog_groups

What could be the reason why Ads created by Ads Manager 2 by @Siropu on this location:
  • container_content_above
  • container_content_below
Doesn't work inside Groups (info/forum/threads) ?

What could be the reason why Ads created by Ads Manager 2 by @Siropu on this location:
  • container_content_above
  • container_content_below
Doesn't work inside Groups (info/forum/threads) ?
The group system uses it's own container not the default XF page_container.

Can you please at least use almost identical container and hooks?
So all Ad unit location will still work.

Thanks!

Thanks!
The <xf:ad positions are in the group container. I'm not sure why they wouldn't show, but I'll look into if it's Siropu's add-on or mine that needs changes.

Reactions: rdn

Thanks!
It's something in his add-on, a standard advertisement using the "Container content: Above" and "Container content: Below" selections in XenForo without his add-on works without a problem.

contentbelow.webp

FYI.. I did not check the other pages in a group above, I only checked the group forum. They don't appear on most of the other pages and I'll correct that in the next release.

The group system uses it's own container not the default XF page_container.
There's the problem. My add-on doesn't uses the built in ad positions, it is a custom implementation which requires some template modifications. I can add some positions to support your add-on.

Top Bottom