Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
Forum moderators are not group moderators, so no there isn't.

Group moderators are assigned to the group either by the group owner or a site admin and must be a member of the group they are assigned to.

If there is any way this could ever be added, that would be great. I'd really like to open up the groups option to most of my members, but I would still require forum rules to be adhered to and need trusted moderators overseeing these things.

Does this add-on allow for group members to respond to group events via a "voting" button style idea to indicate if they are "attending", "not attending", and "interested or maybe"? And track/show that on the event?

Does this add-on allow for group members to respond to group events via a "voting" button style idea to indicate if they are "attending", "not attending", and "interested or maybe"? And track/show that on the event?
No it does not.

If there is any way this could ever be added, that would be great. I'd really like to open up the groups option to most of my members, but I would still require forum rules to be adhered to and need trusted moderators overseeing these things.
Then you can have your moderators join the groups and then assign them as group moderators.

Hahah i really can't decide which is the best whether this add on or the other one with the latest XF version. Maybe someone could help me out :):ROFLMAO:

Hahah i really can't decide which is the best whether this add on or the other one with the latest XF version. Maybe someone could help me out :):ROFLMAO:
This add-on thread really isn't the place for that type of discussion. You might want to start a thread here...

Can Group moderators approve members? A member of my site claims group moderators could approve members in the 1.x version.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.1+ with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.1.11

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.1+ has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Public group forums not being displayed under certain circumstances
  • Fix - Error deleting group photo under certain circumstances
  • Fix - Private sub-forum posts being displayed in What's new under certain circumstances
  • Fix - Group moderator status not being removed if a group moderator leaves a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: rdn
I have three questions. Could you please tell me if it's possible to:

1) Restrict posting new threads (in the discussion area) to the owners/moderators of the group, but allow other members to reply?

2) List threads (in the discussion area) by the date they were created, instead of date of last response?

3) Use a default cover photo if no photo is uploaded?

I have three questions. Could you please tell me if it's possible to:

1) Restrict posting new threads (in the discussion area) to the owners/moderators of the group, but allow other members to reply?

2) List threads (in the discussion area) by the date they were created, instead of date of last response?

3) Use a default cover photo if no photo is uploaded?
So long as you mean group discussions and not group threads...

1) No
2) No

3) If you mean the large banner above groups, there is already a default large banner that is shown if no group banner has been uploaded.

I meant threads in the group's forum. Sorry I wasn't clear. :)
In that case....

1) No
2) Not directly in the group system, but can be done after a group is created in XenForo itself. Admin->Forums->Nodes. Select forum, change Default sort order.

I was wondering if someone could explain the pros and cons - or the benefits of the "Group Forum" vs "Group Discussions". How are people using these, or are folks here turning one or the other off? Are these two functions making the other redundant? I have just uploaded this and I'm experimenting a bit with it and I'm looking for some tips.

Also, how are others here using this as opposed to having folks just post in the forum? What are people here finding beneficial to the plugin? :)

Top Bottom