Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
I have an importer for it. Its not a standalone addon.
Why not ? ;)
I've been waiting since 2018 for a tool with which I can import groups and data from vB 3.8.(last) into a current XF version. I am currently using Ozzy's social group add-on for XF (2.1.33 Patch Level 1)
Is there a way to get the importer as a standalone version? And if so, what would that cost?

Why not ? ;)

The company is a service based business, not a product based business. Plus it's part of an full custom import suite not built on the Xenforo framework, so it is not an addon and not only for Xenforo forums/addon imports.

Nor do I want to make it easy for competing services to take my work and use it, especially the fly-by-night bottom feeders.

I've been waiting since 2018 for a tool with which I can import groups and data from vB 3.8.(last) into a current XF version. I am currently using Ozzy's social group add-on for XF (2.1.33 Patch Level 1)

Is there a way to get the importer as a standalone version? And if so, what would that cost?

Every import situation is different so please DM details such as the web control panel used, number of groups/posts, whether I'll be merging into existing groups (much harder). I'll provide a quote there, and scheduling options for import service.

Dear @Ozzy47 , getting following error when we're trying to create a new Social group:
"
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Creating default object from empty value in src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 846
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 846
  2. Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->groupSaveProcess() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 630
  3. Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  9. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20"
We're using latest XF and [OzzModz] Social Groups 2.1.30.
Could you give us some hint /tip how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Dear @Ozzy47 , getting following error when we're trying to create a new Social group:
"
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Creating default object from empty value in src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 846
  1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 846
  2. Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->groupSaveProcess() in src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Group.php at line 630
  3. Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Group->actionSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
  4. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2487
  8. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 524
  9. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20"
We're using latest XF and [OzzModz] Social Groups 2.1.30.
Could you give us some hint /tip how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance.

Anybody come across this when trying to create a group? @Ozzy47 any ideas how to repair?
View attachment 299008

Using:

2.1.33 Patch Level 1​

Sorry for this, we'll check it out as soon as possible.

I'm considering getting this (eventually, once I can afford it). Does this have support for, or could it in the future, integration with DragonBytes Credits? Like, "5000 credits to join" a group. I personally prefer one-time payments vs yearly subscriptions where possible, but DB Credits is one of the most full-featured ones, iirc.

I'm considering getting this (eventually, once I can afford it). Does this have support for, or could it in the future, integration with DragonBytes Credits? Like, "5000 credits to join" a group. I personally prefer one-time payments vs yearly subscriptions where possible, but DB Credits is one of the most full-featured ones, iirc.
you should be able to do that by allowing purchase of a user group upgrade and have that group have permissions to create a group.
it is what the site i moderate on has done with promotions after a certain amount of site participation.
by doing it via a promotion if you use subscription after the end of that period it should remove them from that promotion and you can have them repurchase it. ours is a one time promotion so we do not have to worry about that.

you should be able to do that by allowing purchase of a user group upgrade and have that group have permissions to create a group.
it is what the site i moderate on has done with promotions after a certain amount of site participation.
by doing it via a promotion if you use subscription after the end of that period it should remove them from that promotion and you can have them repurchase it. ours is a one time promotion so we do not have to worry about that.
For joining too? I may add some that require credits to join, not to create.

joining a group can also be controlled by user group permission just like creating one for overall.
for joining specific groups you would need the plug in extended and that it might be the credits developer that needs to do that.

View attachment 300714

You are showing and giving support for a different addon, that is not my Social Groups addon.

You are showing and giving support for a different addon, that is not my Social Groups addon.
did not catch it was a different one.
will delete the post.
does yours offer the same type function of permission based options?

Hi!

Does this add-on support group forums and existing forum nodes association, so an existing forum can be used as group forum, and will group privacy work for associated forum too, so if the group is private the group forum is private too?

Thank you!

Hi all - I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but what is the difference between a group discussion and a group forum? Why have both? How do they differentiate? Thanks!

Top Bottom