Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
We are trying to pull the RSS feed from a created group but it won't pull it. Is there something specific that needs to be done? We have tried different RSS readers as well as apps, all with the same result. The RSS feed we are trying to pull is:

https://www.talkingevs.com/forums/-/index.rss (main site RSS works)
https://www.talkingevs.com/forums/las-vegas-electric-vehicle-association.112.rss (Group RSS not working)

RSS validators show both URLs as valid, but readers just wont read the group RSS. Suggestions?

Spotted this as I was flying through.

Your RSS feed is working fine...

View attachment 261106

I'll slink back into obscurity now. :)
That's what I thought too but we are trying to pull it into a WordPress site and it won't show in the RSS reader. It will show the main forum RSS feed but not the groups. I've also tried in RSS readers such as Feedly and same results? @Brogan thought it has to do with permissions somewhere?

@Brogan - Yes, thank you. In your post about changing permissions, I started messing around with them and allowed them to be viewed publically which solved it. Thank you!

@Snog @Ozzy47 - Thanks guys for looking into it.

There's a bug with the XF1 to XF2 upgrade of this addon.
PHP:
$newPath = sprintf('data://groups/GroupBanners/b/0/%s', $image['groupbanner']);
This moves all the images into /b/0/. However, the rest of the code looks in a folder based on the ID:
PHP:
return sprintf('data://groups/GroupBanners/%s/%d/%d-%s', $size, floor($this->groupid / 1000), $this->groupid, $hash);
This means all the imported images just 404 straight away. I'll need to patch this myself to run an import, but this probably needs fixing.

Let me know what you come up with. This is the first I can recall hearing anything about the XF1 to XF2 upgrade having issues.

I would imagine that this:
PHP:
$newPath = sprintf('data://groups/GroupBanners/b/0/%s', $image['groupbanner']);
just needs to be this:
PHP:
$newPath = sprintf('data://groups/GroupBanners/b/%d/%s', floor($image['groupid'] / 1000), $image['groupbanner']);
Plus the same for other occurrences of these files being moved.

Would only be an issue on boards with >= 1000 groups so I guess not an issue for most.

Was currently looking into this add-on, and noticed My suggestions post years ago. But also noticed the developer's name at the time was Snog and I do not know if he/she looked into adding some of my suggested features.
I am back with more suggestions lol!
  • Age Restriction for groups option!
  • Group Media Tab: ( Excellent for Gaming Groups to show off their videos.) (Excellent for Photography groups etc....)
  • Group Leader Boards! ( Most post, Most likes, Most Resources etc....)
  • Group member of the month! ( Can be set by Group owner or moderator of that group.) Or ( Top members widget )
  • Group member of the year:
  • Donation to group admin! ( One way members can give back to a Admin who is promoting and running their group exceptionally well.)
  • Feature groups for their group forum posting activity. ( This would take CTA Feature Threads add-on x2 http://prntscr.com/gk43iz )
  • Group Resources: ( Members can upload resources and download resources if they are a group member.)
  • Duration of time to be a member before you can actually download Resources.
  • Affiliates/Partner Groups: (This way you can promote your other groups, or a friends group.)
  • Group Reporting: ( Members can report a group to site admin for unfair acts.)
  • Moderation Warning System for Groups: ( To many warning or reports against a group can Lock the group for a certain amount of time.)
  • Group Rules and regulations Tab: (Separate from Group description)
  • Visitors: a list of site members who visited your group page.
  • Newest Group Members:
  • Group Profile Tab ( a way to showcase all of the groups you are apart of.)
  • Reason for leaving group: ( Helps Group owners understand why members are leaving. Force members to leave a reason before leaving. )
  • Reason why you would like to join group: ( Optional Request by Group owner, because he / she may or may not want that option for new members)

Keep up the great work with this Add-on.

The only one of these that is already in the group system is the age restriction. That would be controlled by the admin setting a user group that can view "Restricted Groups" for just that purpose.
View attachment 157704

I'll bookmark your post in the wish list for the add-on so I can refer back to it once all of my other add-ons are converted to XF2.

Still a dope add-on, just wondering if it's still being updated with new features/improvements?
Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok
I so love this bear :LOL:

I've discovered that the addon has a class extension that ships with an outdated version of XFMG\Attachment\Media::onAssociation(). It's from XFMG 2.1 and doesn't have code for copying video poster images, and has hardcoded .mp4 extensions for videos when copying files when XFMG 2.2 has a dynamic extension. The reason for the extension seems to be due to watermarking changes, but redefining the entire function means it's now causing XFMG to not function correctly. I would imagine that the watermarker service itself could be extended instead of re-defining this particular method.

It’s possible to add Attachment in group discussion?

If I post as Group forum, I can upload photos, but if I post as group discussion only add images from URL.

Thanks.

Attachment uploads are not allowed in discussions. That's intentional because discussions are not full blown threads and use a different system than threads do. Discussions were never intended to replace forum threads or to have all of the same functions as threads.

Attachment uploads are not allowed in discussions. That's intentional because discussions are not full blown threads and use a different system than threads do. Discussions were never intended to replace forum threads or to have all of the same functions as threads.
Thanks, I am using threads system now. I don't know why, but in page of social groups threads double de content. I see, header > body > body and footer.

Is there a way to test this out before purchasing? Or, if I purchase and it doesn't fit my needs can I get a refund?

@Snog Is there an option for paid groups? For example, can a user click on "join group" and a payment process appears where they can purchase (or pay a subscription) to join the specific group? If not, is this something I could pay to have developed?

Last edited:
Is there an option for paid groups? For example, can a user click on "join group" and a payment process appears where they can purchase (or pay a subscription) to join the specific group? If not, is this something I could pay to have developed?
I'd be very interested in this as well. Especially if members can charge others to join their groups.

Top Bottom