Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

Page optimization suggestion.
Social Connect JS should not be loaded for the guest
Code:
<script src="js/socialconnect/char_count.js?_v=cea8e4ae"></script>

Got this on my error_log:
PHP:
PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /home/phcorner/public_html/library/SocialConnect/ControllerPublic/Account.php on line 109

Bug maybe?
Commenting on a profile with more than 420 characters receive this error:
Please enter a message with no more than 420 characters.
If possible Social Connect addon trim the messages before sending it to facebook and twitter.

Seems to be a problem for me.. using 1.2 and downloaded the correct version...
Everything seems to install fine and I have followed the instructions and got my Twitter key(s)

When I try to select the option to link my Twitter account it just takes me back to the main forum page and no linking has occurred - when I go back in to social connect its still unlinked and the check boxes are still greyed out/unselectable...

As harsh as it may sound, I guarantee you've not read the instructions correctly :p

Usually what you have described is an issue with these two steps from the instructions:
  • Enter your website URL.
  • In the callback URL, enter your website URL again.
Specifically, you've probably left the callback URL blank.

It'd be really good to get some stats on how much this is being used. It seems as if hardly of our members are using it despite us highlighting it and encouraging them. Any chance you could add some usage stats in the future?

I LOVE this add-on and it worked fine for me. But, sadly... after paying for it, had to disable it today. :(

I may be missing something, and please tell me if I am! But my forum is semi-private. I would like to see more controllable features for node permissions. My forum is about 70% readable by guests, but the rest you must be a member to read. Also then some you must meet a specific criteria (i.e.; age, gender, days registered, posts) I was so stoked that FINALLY I had a pretty solid way of getting my members and staff to mark their settings where when they create a new thread it would post the link to Facebook. But, what I didn't realize was that if those forums are not readable by guests, that it puts at least a summarized status update on FB containing whatever was written in that thread, no matter which node it was posted in.

Don't know if it's possible for future releases, but would like it to be able to tell by node permissions that if it's a private or not readable by guests, or whatever other circumstances -- all relating down to the overall picture of if a guest cannot read the nodes within that forum, that the content of the new thread is not automatically posted on FB. Maybe just a link to the topic, which then once clicked by the FB user, will take them to the forum and tell them they obviously can't read it without becoming a member.

I wanted to use it as a teaser.

So then when that member posted a new thread in the forum that you must be a registered member to read, it just shows a link to the forum but with no content.
Then when a member posted in one of the other forums that ARE readable to guests, it posts the content of the first post on the persons timeline.

This can't be impossible, but know it's a tall order. If it could just be able to be able to match up with the node/user permissions and then based on which forums posted in, do or do not post the thread content of those particular forums that are marked as guests can read/or not read.

Hi I installed the latest version of this add land now I get the following error many many times in my error log:

ErrorException: Undefined index: social_tokens - library/XenForo/Visitor.php:651
Erstellt von: Unbekanntes Benutzerkonto, Vor 20 Minuten

image.webp

Any ideas how to fix this error?

Thanks for your help

Benny

Top Bottom