Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

Not compatible with 1.2 Beta

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Argument 1 passed to SocialConnect_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() must be an array, none given, called in /home/komiiweb/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php on line 441 and defined - library/SocialConnect/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:5

Stack Trace
#0 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/SocialConnect/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(5): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/home/komiiweb/...', 5, Array)
#1 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php(441): SocialConnect_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPostSave()
#2 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1392): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_postSave()
#3 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(1123): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#4 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(589): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_saveDiscussionDataWriter()
#5 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1392): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave()
#6 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(540): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/VfcodersHH/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(35): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#8 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(335): VfcodersHH_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
#9 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/***/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "http://forum.komikanimasi.web.id/threads/xenforo-1-2.1330/add-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["message_html"] => string(11) "<p>Test</p>"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(58) "http://forum.komikanimasi.web.id/threads/xenforo-1-2.1330/"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1371388233"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(10) "1371388233"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/threads/xenforo-1-2.1330/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Chris Deeming updated Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) with a new update entry:

Now XenForo 1.2 Compatible

• This version of the add-on is now compatible with certain changes made in XenForo 1.2.
  • One small feature change is that if you register via Facebook, you are now automatically connected to post your status updates etc.
  • Version 2.2.5 can only be installed on XenForo 1.2. As there are no significant changes while you are still running XenForo 1.1.x there is no reason to upgrade.
Both versions of this add-on will be delivered. Choose the one most appropriate for your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just putting this here to avoid any confusion:

If you wish to use this add-on on XenForo version 1.1.x then you should download and install Social Connect 2.2.4.

If you wish to use this add-on on XenForo version 1.2.x then you should download and install Social Connect 2.2.5.

When you purchase, both versions will be delivered. You only need to install the single version that is most appropriate for your XenForo version. (y)

Reactions: rdn
I'm currently on SocialConnect-2.2.4, should I update to the new link sent?
SocialConnect-2.2.4.zip (40.3 KB), to have this feature:
Code:
One small feature change is that if you register via Facebook, you are now automatically connected to post your status updates etc.

Edit: Answered :D

You should have an email. Any email you've received about it will have a download link. If you can't find that you will need to start a conversation with me with some proof of purchase details.

Have started conversation with you but now I can download the new code. Tomorrow, I will try to install on 1.2 beta 3.
Thanks,

Are these changes for 2.2.5 perm? There is no check box now so you can opt to not post your new thread on Facebook. There is no choice on how you want the URL to be when posting. I really liked it going to the site URL not the thread itself and when posting to facebook it no longer shows the og logo or site discription in the post to timeline.

All of this below is missing now :(

oldoptions.webp

oldoptions2.webp

Last edited:
You were very privileged to have an early development version of 2.3.

I wasn't aware you actually had so many additional options in that early version.

You could uninstall and reinstall your customised version, I can actually tell you the very quick fix required to make it 1.2 compatible. That's the best I can do now until development resumes on version 2.3.

EDIT: Which is, in this file:
SocialConnect/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php

You will see it has:

_discussionPostSave(array $messages)

(or similar).

Just remove whatever is in the brackets, and that makes it compatible with the parent function in XenForo 1.2.

You were very privileged to have an early development version of 2.3.

I wasn't aware you actually had so many additional options in that early version.

You could uninstall and reinstall your customised version, I can actually tell you the very quick fix required to make it 1.2 compatible. That's the best I can do now until development resumes on version 2.3.

Oh thanks! I was unaware they weren't in the others as I always used the custom version you made me, as it did what I needed so never upgraded :) Sure, the fixes to make my old version work in 1.2 would be perfect. As you know the uniqueness of my site, those sort of features were very important for me :)

Is the option to uncheck the boxes for specific posts missing from 2.2.4? I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that it was generally available, not just for the version Mike had.

Top Bottom