XF 2.0 Set pictures from the post as thumbnail for Facebook and Twitter

Not sure if I have a meta logo defined in the URL. Maybe that is the problem. Could you point me to where I can check that?
I don't see an OG:IMAGE setting on that page so you'll want to set a default image in your style.

ACP => Appearance => Style Properties => Basic Options => Metadata Logo URL

If you are using multiple styles, be sure to either set it for each of your parent styles or in each style if you aren't using parent styles.

I've noticed a bug with this.

When sharing to a Facebook business page, and the thread only has one image in it which has been inserted in the post, the image will not be displayed in the thumbnail, it will be blank and the output will be a smaller blank image with the text wrapped around it on the right.

But if that same thread is shared on a normal FB account, it works fine with the larger landscape thumbnail (no text wrapping). It even works fine in comments (wraps the text, to be expected).

The error I see on the FB debugger in this instance, is this:

View attachment 204619

I think what is happening is that the OG image url is picking up on the friendly URL of the image, rather than the direct image URL, and this is causing the problem. I noticed that this can be fixed if you upload the image a second time, and leave it not inserted in the post, however this is not practical as I have multiple authors and this is not good for a few reasons.

I run articles through my forum now (I got rid of wordpress and a bridging addon), so most posts I share on social media only have one image, and this problem happens every time.

Is there some code I could put in to resolve this?

I have some problems like he! can anyone tell what we need to do? i have XF 2.1.6 p1. Thank you

XF2 is a HUGE disappointment. So many basic functions missing and no addons for it.

I'm sure Brogan will be along soon to tell us all this is how it's supposed to work.

XF2 is a HUGE disappointment. So many basic functions missing and no addons for it.

I'm sure Brogan will be along soon to tell us all this is how it's supposed to work.
I have no involvement with the development process, nor any influence over functionality and features.

You need to direct your ire and complaints to someone who does.

I have no involvement with the development process, nor any influence over functionality and features.

You need to direct your ire and complaints to someone who does.
I would probably go to make a complaint and discover that functionality doesn't exist in XF2 so I have to go through 7 threads looking for a template edit by some random guy which doesn't work followed by someone claiming an addon will do the job only to discover the addon is for something else entirely.

"Complaining was so easy in XF1, all you had to do was press a button" people will say. Then you'll pop into the thread to gruffly announce "that's how it's supposed to work" and say there's no plans to fix it.

Top Bottom