Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

I've got some errors today.

Open /account/social-connect

Code:
Unable to Connect to ssl://api.twitter.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line [B]973[/B]
Zend_Http_Client->request() in SocialConnect/Helper/Twitter.php at line [B]54[/B]
SocialConnect_Helper_Twitter::getRequestToken() in SocialConnect/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line [B]28[/B]
SocialConnect_ControllerPublic_Account->actionSocialConnect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line [B]313[/B]
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line [B]132[/B]
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/***/public_html/forum/index.php at line [B]13[/B]

AdminCP Server Error Log:
Code:
Error Info

Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://api.twitter.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: Sheratan, 2 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('api.twitter.com', 443, true)
#1 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/SocialConnect/Helper/Twitter.php(54): Zend_Http_Client->request('POST')
#2 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/SocialConnect/ControllerPublic/Account.php(28): SocialConnect_Helper_Twitter::getRequestToken()
#3 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(313): SocialConnect_ControllerPublic_Account->actionSocialConnect()
#4 /home/***/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/***/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "http://forum.komikanimasi.web.id/account/social-connect"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

That just looks like Twitter was down for a period of time, or at least that service was.

Have the errors stopped now?

A couple of questions:

1) We've got a few people using this now but is there a way to see who has it enabled? A MySQL query is fine if there's nothing built-in.

2) Similar to 1, I know there are people tweeting their statuses, threads, etc but its hard to see who is as they don't show up easily on twitter and aren't linked to our site's account in any way. If we could select a hashtag or account that was automatically added to every tweet then that would make it far more useful...

Chris, any chance you could respond to the above? Thanks :-)

Sorry Rob,

1) The tokens are stored in the xf_user table in the social_tokens column. Basically if that has something in it, they have probably used or are using the add-on. If you have Friend Inviter installed too, actually, that uses the same column so it will only be an indication that they're using one, the other or both of the add-ons.

2) I thought there was a suffix option - I might be thinking of an old version... Check the options and if there isn't one yet, I will definitely consider it.

Hi anyone else get this error?
Server Error
String could not be parsed as XML

1. SimpleXMLElement->__construct() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 0
  2. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->getXmlType() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 33
  3. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/carpedie/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13

Can you talk me through your exact steps right from download to clicking Install? No one else has reported this so I think something in the process is going wrong somewhere.

I downloaded the file
Uploaded files in upload to the root directory
I the attempted to install the xml.

I also tried to upload the zip file to the addon installer

Not sure. I use the add-on installer many times daily for many add-ons and have never seen this. Have tested with Social Connect and it works fine for me.

I'm personally getting errors when I try to create threads with Social Connect enabled on 1.2, although this is by no means exclusive to this mod:

Code:
Declaration of SocialConnect_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostSave() should be compatible with XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion::_discussionPostSave()
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 897
XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 421
XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 2007
XenForo_DataWriter::create() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 572
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionAddThread() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/------/public_html/beta/index.php at line 13

A bit confuse with this addon, it connects your facebook and twitter, but it require a separate connect if your account is already connected to Facebook by the xenforo main system?
Also this won't work with twitter login?

So 2 Facebook connects and 2 twitter connects to have login + this social functions?

Login functions and other API stuff is separate. You can use this add on without any sort of Facebook or Twitter authentication.

Login functions and other API stuff is separate. You can use this add on without any sort of Facebook or Twitter authentication.
Yes but at the moment we give permission to facebook and twitter to use the social functions, it can also be able to login with such networks, but i guess i will use that several social logins, and this addon in the future. Still i must generate 2 keys or can use the fb login app with this one? :)

Top Bottom