1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So whats next (after v1 final)

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Adam Howard, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I would imagine it would be bug fixing the small bugs others will find. But over all, what do you think they should work on next or will work on next?!

I'm hoping for an official blog or bridge. While I know the majority maybe hoping for a CMS.

pipedreams likes this.
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Judging from Kier's status, I'd say 1.1. ;)

Rob Fritz and Stormraven like this.
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

im hoping for 1.1 including ignore/block functionality.
    lack of this critical functionality is unsustainable.

4. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

I'm looking forward for more exciting stuff :)

5. principia

principia Well-Known Member

Importer

6. Ray

Ray Active Member

I do hope they add the ability to log in with Twitter.

pipedreams and Mikey like this.
  7. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

I remember that Kier or Mike stated it WOULD have this implemented. I don't remember a timeframe etc.. Maybe the stable version will have it? But I do know it was said to be done at some point or another.

8. FreshFroot

FreshFroot Well-Known Member

Agreed, they will need to get importers going for IPB, vB4, phpbb and maybe a few others if needed.

9. ToDie4

ToDie4 Well-Known Member

Personally, I am hoping the guys take it steady and continue to produce superb quality rather than heaps and heaps of junk in one go, XenForo stands out in a BIG WAY because it's being developed with great care and attention to detail, so yeah, I'm hoping for a continued level of quality, I'm good with what ever direction the guys feel the software needs to go.

Teddy Scott, ddmmh, FredC and 2 others like this.
  10. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Be interesting to see how development goes - they will have to officially support/fix peoples xf issues alongside development of xf.

11. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

How does that equate with this?
    o_O

12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Right, because so far we've been completely ignoring everyone and have offered nothing in the way of support...

Puntocom, Jamie, Darkimmortal and 4 others like this.
  13. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

I hope to see implemented some of the "missing social features" (and yes, custom profile fields and a ignore feature is a must).

JVCode and Meekel like this.
  14. ToDie4

ToDie4 Well-Known Member

Alrighty then, obviously I have irked you some what some how, in point of fact you are quoting me out of context, XenForo has a pretty serious learning curve in the styling areas, I am still a long way from feeling comfortable working with Styles in XenForo, and yes, I found vBulletin a heck of a lot easier to learn to style than XenForo, that is what that quote is in context with.

The fact of the matter here is that I have grown to truly value what you guys are doing here and I have publicly changed my tune right here, but feel free to misquote me if it makes you feel better, but it's a bit harsh, or perhaps you don't like the idea of some of us coming to like what you're doing, I find you a bit confusing I must say.

15. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

What? your troll right????????????

Did you see the stylevar's in vb?
    No way in hell vb was easyer to to skin
    VB skin took me about 4+ days to get to my liking (was allways finding stylevars missing)
    XF took me 8 hours.

Darkimmortal and Trombones13 like this.
  16. ToDie4

ToDie4 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am replying to a dev here so obviously I am being a troll, well done for labelling me so well, we all love to be labelled properly.

17. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Often literally pixel precise care of detail, which I totally dig.
    (I was shocked -really- when I saw what happened to the UI/UX of vBulletin when Internet Brands' 4..0 saw the light of day... so this is one of the main reasons I am now spending my time, energy overhere at the suggestion forums of XenForo)

18. Wuebit

Wuebit Well-Known Member

Dam you had me good there... Thought you was serious there...... GOOD ONE!!

19. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

My my, defensive again Kier.

I merely pointed out you have to officially provide support - tickets etc.

20. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I'm sure they have some minor past experience in that area. :p

Dragonfly likes this.