So whats next (after v1 final)

Adam Howard

I would imagine it would be bug fixing the small bugs others will find. But over all, what do you think they should work on next or will work on next?!

I'm hoping for an official blog or bridge. While I know the majority maybe hoping for a CMS.

Whilst I wouldn't mind seeing a plan for 1.1 and perhaps the next couple of releases after, I can understand why they won't release it. Not quite so much about other forum companies knowing what they plan - its pretty obvious what XF is planning to do - add more features inline with products it competes with, but more likely because there would be people saying 'why the &(&! is x in the plan and not y? Kier doesn't know what he's doing..." etc....

In other words, by not announcing it, they avoid people criticising them for their plans. Not that I blame XF at all for this, I'd do the same. After all, the number 1 rule in life is that you can't please everyone all of the time and someone would think that a Blog add on was more vital than custom profile fields (for example).

Its very much like moderating a forum, you can never win no matter what you do - someone is always pissed off at you! lol

Top Bottom