So what would you like to see next at XenForo?

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
An open question, and i'm talking in broader terms than anything to do with the software.

For example,

A XenForo meetup / convention
More XenForo-oriented hosts
Leased Licenses
Some "behind the scenes" content
Interviews

To name just a few... but, throw them out there... lets see what happens...

Last edited:

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I'm going to interject here, and just point out please avoid "roadmap" or similar as a suggestion.

This thread was more for the wider community / product following rather than as things to do with the software side of things.

Thanks.

RobParker

I'm going to interject here, and just point out please avoid "roadmap" or similar as a suggestion.

This thread was more for the wider community / product following rather than as things to do with the software side of things.

Thanks.
Sorry, you referred to not listing individual features so i thought it'd be ok. My suggestion was more to do with the general direction KAM thought XF was going in. Not a list of "1.3 will have X,Y, Z" but more like "we think XF should focus on X and see that as a priority in the near future".

Sador

Slavik bobblehead collectibles.

On a more serious note, I'm pretty curious as to what a XenForo CMS would be like.

JulianD

A developer portal - It would include documentation, best practices, videos (remember those great developer videos by Kier?)
Behind the scenes content - Sounds fun and makes being part of this community feel more personal
A better suggestions section - Currently you don't know what is being implemented or planned.

Daniel Hood

Further push to expand the addon community. Make it easier to identify reliable and quality developers, service providers, designers, etc.

Consider the move that IPS made recently by opening a jobs/projects index, a developer index, and a reviews system added to this.
I support.

A developer portal - It would include documentation, best practices, videos (remember those great developer videos by Kier?)
Behind the scenes content - Sounds fun and makes being part of this community feel more personal
A better suggestions section - Currently you don't know what is being implemented or planned.
This would also be great (the documentation). They did a spectacular job of commenting in their files but an organized documentation section would also be great.

Pereira

Developer docs/videos and more HYS videos from Kier (and/or Mike).

What does "behind the scenes" content mean? When I first read that I immediately think of a video of Mike and Kier coding/fixing bugs. :coffee:

Adam Howard

I'd like XenForo Ltd. to accept all major debit / credit card without the need for opening an account some place else (ie.. paypal) or needing a wire transfer.

Buying or renewing XenForo should be as easy as placing an order on Amazon (for example). All I need to shop on Amazon is to sign up with them and give them my debit card / credit card and I'm done. I don't need to sign up for another service (such as paypal).

I'd suggest 2Checkout or maybe merchant account .... Anything to make buying or renewing easier here.