1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what would you like to see next at XenForo?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Slavik, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

An open question, and i'm talking in broader terms than anything to do with the software.

For example,

A XenForo meetup / convention
    More XenForo-oriented hosts
    Leased Licenses
    Some "behind the scenes" content
    Interviews

To name just a few... but, throw them out there... lets see what happens...

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Leased Licenses

3. Slavik

I'm going to interject here, and just point out please avoid "roadmap" or similar as a suggestion.

This thread was more for the wider community / product following rather than as things to do with the software side of things.

Thanks.

4. Brentnauer

Brentnauer Well-Known Member

A theme park.

The Geek, TheBigK, Renegade and 5 others like this.
  5. Slavik

KAM Plushies.

6. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Sorry, you referred to not listing individual features so i thought it'd be ok. My suggestion was more to do with the general direction KAM thought XF was going in. Not a list of "1.3 will have X,Y, Z" but more like "we think XF should focus on X and see that as a priority in the near future".

xf_phantom likes this.
  7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Further push to expand the addon community. Make it easier to identify reliable and quality developers, service providers, designers, etc.

Consider the move that IPS made recently by opening a jobs/projects index, a developer index, and a reviews system added to this.

8. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

Slavik bobblehead collectibles.

On a more serious note, I'm pretty curious as to what a XenForo CMS would be like.

9. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

A developer portal - It would include documentation, best practices, videos (remember those great developer videos by Kier?)
    Behind the scenes content - Sounds fun and makes being part of this community feel more personal
    A better suggestions section - Currently you don't know what is being implemented or planned.

xf_phantom, JoshuaTT, MattW and 2 others like this.
  10. psTubble27

psTubble27 Well-Known Member

HYS videos by Kier. With behind the scenes content, and/or interviews Mike and/or Kier as well :D

11. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

• A XenForo meetup / convention
    • Some "behind the scenes" content

12. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

I support.

This would also be great (the documentation). They did a spectacular job of commenting in their files but an organized documentation section would also be great.

13. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

Developer docs/videos and more HYS videos from Kier (and/or Mike).

What does "behind the scenes" content mean? When I first read that I immediately think of a video of Mike and Kier coding/fixing bugs. :coffee:

14. Slavik

Or Maybe

15. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'd like XenForo Ltd. to accept all major debit / credit card without the need for opening an account some place else (ie.. paypal) or needing a wire transfer.

Buying or renewing XenForo should be as easy as placing an order on Amazon (for example). All I need to shop on Amazon is to sign up with them and give them my debit card / credit card and I'm done. I don't need to sign up for another service (such as paypal).

I'd suggest 2Checkout or maybe merchant account .... Anything to make buying or renewing easier here.

16. MikeJaquish

MikeJaquish Active Member

Free Beer Fridays.

Adam Howard likes this.
  17. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

This, as long as it was in the UK. I'd be there. :D

18. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

My vote to the meetup idea only if it includes streaming for foreign members :D

Teapot likes this.
  19. psTubble27

psTubble27 Well-Known Member

XenForoWorld, San Francisco 2013. Keynote speech delivered by Mike and Kier, announcing the features in XF 1.3, streamed in HD around the world...

JulianD likes this.
  20. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I want HYS videos for XF 1.3 from @Kier .

PS: By the way, why do they call it 'Have You Seen?' . The answer's always going to be 'No'. :censored:

JVCode and TsinJu like this.