So, Kier and Mike Mislead me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never referred to vB 5 in this thread.

What I did was quote a fact that is released around the internet: 106+- queries.

I really can not get passed that this is acceptable.

Can you please search XF (and really all the web as well), and post the link(s) to where I bashed, not only vB, but any company?

Odd, how after a year where I had little time to be here I was quickly forgotten as being a part of the staff... I make a post complimenting Mike and Kier on their standards, and then some turn it into a competitor bashing thread and say it's inappropriate from a staff member to post it.

Well at least I am acknowledged as still being staff...

Though, with that said, 106 queries? I wish I was a honey-badger as then I would not care, but I am not, and I can not get passed this.

Your a bare faced Liar Lawrence. By all means lie to yourself try not to blatantly lie in public.

Edit: When you (staff & devs) can resolve the xenforo issues if and when then you won't have the need to bash a competitor. A nice day that will be as xenforo the product speaks for itself it didn't need you to bash a competitor.

Oi. Sounds like Shelley's in a bad mood! :notworthy:

Not really.

I'm not in a bad mood Carlos. Xenforo is better than bashing competitors, or atleast I thought it was. There's a big difference between being in a bad mood, and highlighting what is a problem here. It seems the philosophy is "if it can be bashed, it will be bashed" which is quite pathetic that this community as resorted to.

Believe it or not some people are sick and tired of the constant bashing/ bickering. If this is what Kier meant by "do what we do best" this is certainly not what he meant.

I'm not in a bad mood Carlos. Xenforo is better than bashing competitors, or atleast I thought it was there's a big difference between being in a bad mood and highlighting what is a problem here. It seems the philosophy is "if it can be bashed, it will be bashed".

Believe it or not some people are sick and tired of the constant bashing, bickering. If this is what Kier mean't by "do what we do best" this is certainly not what he meant.

Exactly ! The community seems to be drowing every other day .

The competitor does it to.. as a matter of fact the competitor in question has a nice bash thread that is/was a sticky. Something along the lines of Kier and Mike are criminals so dont buy their stolen software, or else!!!!

I'm not in a bad mood Carlos. Xenforo is better than bashing competitors, or atleast I thought it was. There's a big difference between being in a bad mood, and highlighting what is a problem here. It seems the philosophy is "if it can be bashed, it will be bashed" which is quite pathetic that this community as resorted to.

Believe it or not some people are sick and tired of the constant bashing/ bickering. If this is what Kier meant by "do what we do best" this is certainly not what he meant.

I agree but at the same time I understand that people are frustrated and realistically any person with any shred of empathy for these guys would feel bad for them so those who are just sick of it after 2 years can't also be blamed for feeling like it has to be heard.

I think I feel you though...It's like a drawn out saga where one episode got forcefully stretched into 2 long seasons by some bigwig producer who wants to invest in another show and anyone that was a fan at one point gets challenged to change the program they are tuned into or endure it. Or maybe I am way off...whatever...I'm tired...no more posts today...good night all.

simpsons-haha.jpg1.gif

Defending a company that does 106 queries.....

And then, not to be outdone, more embarrassing images by posters below you. ;)

Um, no, I just pointed out your inability to read, or you ability to lie, pick one.

I agree but at the same time I understand that people are frustrated and realistically any person with any shred of empathy for these guys would feel bad for them so those who are just sick of it after 2 years can't also be blamed for feeling like it has to be heard.

I think I feel you though...It's like a drawn out saga where one episode got forcefully stretched into 2 long seasons by some bigwig producer who wants to invest in another show and anyone that was a fan at one point gets challenged to change the program they are tuned into or endure it. Or maybe I am way off...whatever...I'm tired...no more posts today...good night all.
Thats exactly how i personaly feel.. I know its not KMA's fault however im still frustrated so when vB comes out with a piece of trash i have no issues with taking those frustrations out on IB.. Im actually glad something came along to curb my growing frustrations regarding what IB is doing to XF.

I'm not a fan of threads like this either, however this is no worse than what XF's competitor did before the start of this month.

You need context to understand who this is directed at. Most people know because they have read about it, however if the first thing you read on the internet was the opening post, then I doubt it would mean anything more than someone talking about random software.

I'm fine with the opening post by itself however the fact that most people on here know who it's about means people can come in and start suggesting who/what it's about, which pretty much leaves it open for competitor bashing.

I'm not a fan of threads like this either, however this is no worse than what XF's competitor did before the start of this month.

You need context to understand who this is directed at. Most people know because they have read about it, however if the first thing you read on the internet was the opening post, then I doubt it would mean anything more than someone talking about random software.

I'm fine with the opening post by itself however the fact that most people on here know who it's about means people can come in and start suggesting who/what it's about, which pretty much leaves it open for competitor bashing.

well technically speaking it's true so I dunno....

Bashing someone usually includes things that aren't true...

Now if it wasn't true , the things people are saying at this point two years later, I would have a problem with it but...then again....

Accusing individuals of things that fall under this with no logical basis....

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, commonly referred to as the RICO Act or simply RICO, is a United States federal law that provides for extended criminal penalties and a civil cause of action for acts performed as part of an ongoing criminal organization. The RICO Act focuses specifically on racketeering, and it allows for the leaders of a syndicate to be tried for the crimes which they ordered others to do or assisted them, closing a perceived loophole that allowed someone who told a man to, for example, murder, to be exempt from the trial because he did not actually do it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_Influenced_and_Corrupt_Organizations_Act

...Is definitely not a good look...

so now that it has time to get under my skin and burn quite a bit...I have no problem with people talking about the truth...as long as it remains out of the barroom level of banter.

a staff member who is suppose to represent XF posting what is clearly slating a competitor is downright pathetic. This will not fix the issues that a present here, nor will it in the long term fix this divided community.

I'd rather there be VB-bashing, than XF-suing. Let's talk about who's really dividing the community.

Sweetheart, t'was a joke.

Condescending and sexist. Would you say that to a bloke? no.

"Sweetheart" in English is an affectionate name used to a lover, child or other intimate relationship such as a very close friend.
Outside that it is rude.

There are certain very specific regional usages where it is used like the London "love" or South Welsh "my dear." But online such regional expressions are unwise as easily misunderstood as rude.

*was about to type out another defense for Lawrence...

meh I'll be here all day.

*gives up, watches a movie.

"Sweetheart" in English is an affectionate name used to a lover, child or other intimate relationship such as a very close friend.
With the context I used... Not really.. Classy women say it like that to other women. Acceptable language.

Sexist. *laughs* :ROFLMAO:

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom