Congratulations to Kier and Mike!

ManagerJosh

Congratulations to Kier and Mike for doing such a brilliant and spectacular job on xenForo. I've looked for the better part of a few minutes and it has blown my mind on the simplicity and beauty of the forums.

All I gotta say now is...

GIMME!!!!!! SIGN ME UP!

I'm another one that would happily buy into the product just to get a head start on it as I'm already sure it's something I'll want to use in the future. I do understand the desire to deliver a polished product though.

xF is indeed gorgeous and I also look forward to getting my hands on it, whether of not I will actually use it on my sites is to be seen but even if I don't I will be getting into playing with it and building mods/skins etc... Simply because this just really excites me...

Loving it ;)

I am so tarnished by the vB4 debacle that I would gladly pay the full license fee right now for this as it stands, not so much to run live (yet!) but to develop and test, and do geeky things with, and also to show support for this amazing project.

I am going to have to bite my tongue a LOT on vbulletin.com now because I don't want to offend the team there, I'm sure they work very hard, but they cannot ever come close to what this is....it is no exaggeration to describe it as a thing of pure internet beauty!

Can't find one thing about it that I don't like, from playing about with it on here.

And this is just from two devs :)

I would like to give my warm congratulations to Kier&Mike for coming up with such a fantastic looking&feeling product. Let me refer to the following remarks:

Is it just me or does this feel way better than vB4 already?

Just think to yourself: What was my first impression when I saw the GOLD release of vB4 made by what, 20 developers?
vs .. what is my first impression when I see the first build of the first version of this xenforo alpha made by 2 developers?

Exactly my view. And I bet of many, many others. After seeing what you guys came up with I thought... what a pity that so many (hundreds according to themselves) ex-vBulletin customers already swapped to Invision. I never liked Invision and mainly because -in my eyes- the userinterface of that product is not good. Even vB4's interface is better (because it is based on vB3's interface), although it looks terribly unpolished/amateurish in the Internet Brands' produced version. The remarkable disappointingly quality of the vB4 userinterface (compared to the excellent solid vB3), is one of the main (and many) reasons why my vB4 packages still lives on my local hard disk. Zipped that is.

The way the userinterface of XenForo impresses me is what I expected vB4 would offer. Unfortunately Internet Brands can not live up to almost any of my expectations. And that of many, many others. But I am telling nothing new... as usual. ;-)

You see, I am still not over everything InternetBrands did to vBulletin. It is really amazing, but after a few hours here on XenForo I am truly enjoying using a forum-product again! This feeling I never had the pleasure to experience using the hugely disappointingly vB4.

I still am unable to use my paid for & still zipped vB4, because of the simple fact that I will not touch this in any way on our carefully buildup platform (we produce one the most succesfull -vB3.8 powered- websites in The Netherlands: 5 million hits p/months, which is a lot for such a small country). However, I do need integrated Blogs badly and a supporting CMS next year. I wonder, is this widely respected 2-man team capable of producing a comprehensive suite like Invision and vBulletin? I am talking about the amount of man/womanpower, not the quality/talent of Kier&Mike obviously. One only has to look and use this new piece of software to see what talent is. To see the opposite, people can go here.

Hopefully there are plans to produce an integrated Blog and CMS system, because then I am sold. Amazingly isn't it, one get's this feeling after just spending a few hours overhere. I spend 8 months waiting for Internet Brands to get their appalling act together and still much of it over there keeps oozing 'remarkably unconvincing' all over the place.

I am very curious to see what Kier & Mike have up their sleeves: this first version is truly impressive! I wish you guys all the best: you deserve it.

We are working as fast as we can to get to a state where we are happy to put it in your hands. I most certainly want your money, but I also want to make sure that your impression of the software is not marred by incomplete functionality or unfinished features.

If only IB had that policy - still their loss is there for you to gain from.

Yup. its awesome. It needs time to develop into forum software that can match all vbulletins functionality. But its modern and... well just awesome.
I really see XenForo as the potential solution to a very very sh!tty situation with IB's vbulletin.
I' m very interested to read the road map. Would love to see if XenForo will be able to provide the functionality thats needed to migrate.

So congratulations and thanks for keeping with us!!!

I´m very excited to see XF now even online after all that time. And there are so many familiar faces around here..incredible. I wanna make it short: Kier, Mike..congratz - it´s really good to see you back again. Was about time, guys ;)

I don't think it will be too long before the community of developers produce plugins and products to quickly match the functionality of IPB and vB. Just wish I could help develope some :rolleyes:.

I don't think it will be too long before the community of developers produce plugins and products to quickly match the functionality of IPB and vB. Just wish I could help develope some :rolleyes:.

For some reason I feel the same, despite knowing bugger all about these things, I only set-up my own site last year knowing nothing about such things, but having been a user of various vB forums for years, but I've got this gut feeling that developers and numpty newbies like myself are going to get behind this project.

It's a bit David & Goliath, and we all know the outcome of that! :)

We are working as fast as we can to get to a state where we are happy to put it in your hands. I most certainly want your money, but I also want to make sure that your impression of the software is not marred by incomplete functionality or unfinished features.

How's that for honesty and transparency, guys!

Kier/Mike - I don't type/post a lot compared to others but wanted to say congrats/thanks. We are still on vb3.8.

We have searched and searched for a solution that is simple to use and will supported which has these features operating extremely reliably:
  • Watched threads
  • The equivalent of a 'database thread marking system' vb3 has
You have done all of those. 'Gravy' would be some way of archiving information, blogs, articles, wikis, custom databases, whatever. Our particular forum does not need much else.

Please keep the UI as simple as you can, and when you give the roadmap I would be quite interested in what your approach to tech support will be.

Once again, congratulations, and my deepest thanks.

Top Bottom