So, Kier and Mike Mislead me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I wasted the last 2 weeks ensuring my add-on creates none. Was Mike and Kier right or wrong instilling this in me?

I don't think they were wrong. None is stellar work if you've achieved that, but one or two is acceptable. But I also think that it depends on the type of query. If those two queries are: SELECT * FROM `xf_user` and SELECT * FROM `xf_post` then clearly that might only be two queries but you wouldn't want then running every time your add-on is used :p

I have not referred to vB5, I never downloaded it, nor do I know what the actual query count is, maybe it is 8? This thread is about the standards Mike and Kier instilled in me.

But there is fact stating that there is a forum competitor out there that generates an averages of 106 queries, and that scares me.

106 (on average)?

And I wasted the last 2 weeks ensuring my add-on creates none. Was Mike and Kier right or wrong instilling this in me?
The low query count forced on XF and its add-ons is criminal. Someone should sue them for it.. oh wait.

Kier and Mike really put a lot of thoughts into "xenforo" and the outcome is great for users, admin, and coders.
A win for XF's team!

Reactions: vVv
The Internetz have been known to interfere with humor, irony, sarcasm, etc.
I think we can classify this as satire.

Update: An idea just popped in my head. What if they're making it so bad so that when they fix some of it people will think that they're actually getting a better product, when in fact they could have just had that from day 1? This allows them to just do incremental updates that only fix the mistakes they put in it(on purpose?) so that it looks like they are actively developing it. Just a thought... PS. I only say on purpose because I don't say how any coder would let their program have 106 queries, unless the team is really unorganized and each person is doing their own thing.

Holy crap! I clicked on the thread title to see some drama :p . Come on KAM, come out - the world loves you. Just clear the **** out (if any) and make the bestest software even more bestest.

Working ....
Working ....
Constantly Working ....

More like

Waiting ....

waiting.for.106.queries.webp

Waiting ... For 106 queries.

I have not referred to vB5, I never downloaded it, nor do I know what the actual query count is, maybe it is 8? This thread is about the standards Mike and Kier instilled in me.

But there is fact stating that there is a forum competitor out there that generates an averages of 106 queries, and that scares me.

106 (on average)?

Yes you have, and your previous posts validate & confirm that. Have you ever thought Lawrence that some of us want a little normality back at xf? While a staff member who is suppose to represent XF posting what is clearly slating a competitor is downright pathetic. This will not fix the issues that a present here, nor will it in the long term fix this divided community.

While everyone expresses their loyality, XF the product is gaining a bad name for itself, this community is looked at as a free for all slating ground and by deviating from the real issues here by posting this thread bashing a competitor alot of people have truly lost focus what matters. Shameful. In some shape or form the bashing threads still persist and your now party to this.

Ashley, Mike and kier really need to get back here and salvage this excellent product because threads like this only gives it a bad name and I'm sure some of the people in this forum cannot agree that this thread is acceptable.

Yes you have, and your previous posts validate & confirm that. Have you ever thought Lawrence that some of us want a little normality back at xf? While a staff member who is suppose to represent XF posting what is clearly slating a competitor is downright pathetic. This will not fix the issues that a present here, nor will it in the long term fix this divided community.

While everyone expresses their loyality, XF the product is gaining a bad name for itself, this community is looked at as a free for all slating ground and by deviating from the real issues here by posting this thread bashing a competitor alot of people have truly lost focus what matters. Shameful. In some shape or form the bashing threads still persist and your now party to this.

Ashley, Mike and kier really need to get back here and salvage this excellent product because threads like this only gives it a bad name and I'm sure some of the people in this forum cannot agree that this thread is acceptable.
I don't mind Lawrence saying another forum software sucks. It's his opinion... an opinion a lot of us members share.

He's just keeping it real. I'm not looking at it as a bad PR move or a PR trick because he doesn't make xenforo, isn't a paid employee and doesn't usually even make threads like this.

I don't mind Lawrence saying another forum software sucks. It's his opinion... an opinion a lot of us members share.

He's just keeping it real. I'm not looking at it as a bad PR move or a PR trick because he doesn't make xenforo, isn't a paid employee and doesn't usually even make threads like this.
But he's not just giving his opinion. In addition to that, he's part of the moderation staff of a competing software that is currently facing a lawsuit against the software he's.. sharing his opinion about.

It just doesn't seem like a good idea.

But he's not just giving his opinion. In addition to that, he's part of the moderation staff of a competing software that is currently facing a lawsuit against the software he's.. sharing his opinion about.

It just doesn't seem like a good idea.
What makes it a bad idea to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom