Slider Captcha

Slider Captcha 2.6.2

No permission to download
@LeoTran With the timer, is that maximum seconds or minimum seconds? E.G. if you set it for 30 seconds, does it stop working at 30 seconds or start working at 30 seconds? Similar to the registration form timer.

@LeoTran With the timer, is that maximum seconds or minimum seconds? E.G. if you set it for 30 seconds, does it stop working at 30 seconds or start working at 30 seconds? Similar to the registration form timer.
No, it is not similar to the registration form timer. When the Slider Captcha timeout period expires, the viewing user can not pass the captcha check anymore although they still can swipe the slider.

If you set that timeout for 30 secs, that means the visitor has to complete the form within 30 secs. Otherwise they have to refesh the form to try again.

No, it is not similar to the registration form timer. When the Slider Captcha timeout period expires, the viewing user can not pass the captcha check anymore although they still can swipe the slider.

If you set that timeout for 30 secs, that means the visitor has to complete the form within 30 secs. Otherwise they have to refesh the form to try again.
Interesting. I suppose we'll have to figure out some sort of "safe zone" between the registration form timer and the slider lock.

Found a server error tonight. Not sure if this is you or not:

ErrorException: Undefined index: slidercaptcha_fallback - library/XenForo/Captcha/SliderCaptcha.php:53
Generated By: Unknown Account, Saturday at 11:00 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/SliderCaptcha.php(53): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/dressedw/...', 53, Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/Abstract.php(129): XenForo_Captcha_SliderCaptcha->isValid(Array)
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(355): XenForo_Captcha_Abstract::validateDefault(Object(XenForo_Input))
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Andy/NewUserConversation/ControllerPublic/Register.php(16): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php(7): Andy_NewUserConversation_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php(84): Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): LiamW_AlterEgoDetector_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#7 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(50) "http://www.dressedwell.net/forum/register/register"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(14) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["6919770ec183c7da6d6e7a8194239e16"] => string(0) ""
["b7cf652ad014e55a6696dd61e90a5409"] => string(0) ""
["247cf3dff6ab1a73543b4d2763af9d7b"] => string(0) ""
["dob_month"] => string(1) "0"
["dob_day"] => string(0) ""
["dob_year"] => string(0) ""
["88b6fd2d5934df6008f17a02ad6634d2"] => array(1) {
["zdy4mtg1ndixode3nzm"] => string(0) ""
}
["custom_fields_shown"] => array(1) {
[0] => string(19) "zdy4mtg1ndixode3nzm"
}
["a1c863610829a134103084353a67d2c3"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["slidercaptcha_validate_time"] => string(10) "1415505595"
["slidercaptcha_validate_hash"] => string(0) ""
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["reg_key"] => string(32) "d68185421817734d21da79d46158e375"
}
}

@Rambro
Have you make any changes in captcha_slidercaptcha template? the slider template is missing 2 hidden input fields on your website.
<input type="hidden" value="false" name="slidercaptcha_loaded">
<input type="hidden" value="" name="slidercaptcha_fallback">

Try to revert that template.

Last edited:
@Rambro
Have you make any changes in captcha_slidercaptcha template? the slider template is missing 2 hidden input fields on your website.
<input type="hidden" value="false" name="slidercaptcha_loaded">
<input type="hidden" value="" name="slidercaptcha_fallback">

Try to revert that template.
Nope, no changes. And no other add-on upgrades.

I needed to merge that template, so I did. I'll let you know if it pops up again.

I'm trying to change the phrase "Swipe to Verify" and "Verified! Thank you", but can't seem to find the phrases anywhere in the language section of XenForo.

Am I not looking in the right place or are the phrases not available yet?

This addon seems great by the way! Superb work @LeoTran.

Edit: Stoopid me... I just found it - would you mind adding it to the overview?:

slidercaptcha_hinttext = "Swipe to Verify"
slidercaptcha_hinttextafterunlock = "Verified! Thank you"

Last edited:
I'm trying to change the phrase "Swipe to Verify" and "Verified! Thank you", but can't seem to find the phrases anywhere in the language section of XenForo.

Am I not looking in the right place or are the phrases not available yet?

This addon seems great by the way! Superb work @LeoTran.

Edit: Stoopid me... I just found it - would you mind adding it to the overview?:

slidercaptcha_hinttext = "Swipe to Verify"
slidercaptcha_hinttextafterunlock = "Verified! Thank you"
Just out of curiosity, what did you change them to say?

@LeoTran Got two fresh new server errors:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: slidercaptcha_loaded - library/XenForo/Captcha/SliderCaptcha.php:29
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 5:51 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/SliderCaptcha.php(29): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/dressedw/...', 29, Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/Abstract.php(129): XenForo_Captcha_SliderCaptcha->isValid(Array)
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(355): XenForo_Captcha_Abstract::validateDefault(Object(XenForo_Input))
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Andy/NewUserConversation/ControllerPublic/Register.php(16): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/Andy/RegisterEmail/ControllerPublic/Register.php(7): Andy_NewUserConversation_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/LiamW/AlterEgoDetector/Extend/ControllerPublic/Register.php(84): Andy_RegisterEmail_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): LiamW_AlterEgoDetector_Extend_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
#7 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(17) {
    ["c8db954e11cbf1362063613e878f2b40"] => string(13) "Jacob Paredes"
    ["28f113f6eb464c6253650265328cfa2d"] => string(26) "emilyprentisscms@gmail.com"
    ["aed2dfb64579a965fee97e90992170d6"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "8"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "06"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1987"
    ["0f5c51079a2a88f40136a018a91ef074"] => array(1) {
      ["mmqy"] => string(0) ""
    }
      [0] => string(4) "mmqy"
    }
    ["932dbbd669cfc76c60648354541c2462"] => string(12) "Asia/Kolkata"
    ["login"] => string(26) "emilyprentisscms@gmail.com"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["remember"] => string(1) "1"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(24) "/forum/register/register"
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: slidercaptcha_fallback - library/XenForo/Captcha/SliderCaptcha.php:50
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 5:51 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Captcha/SliderCaptcha.php(50): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/dressedw/...', 50, Array)
#9 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(17) {
    ["c8db954e11cbf1362063613e878f2b40"] => string(13) "Jacob Paredes"
    ["28f113f6eb464c6253650265328cfa2d"] => string(26) "emilyprentisscms@gmail.com"
    ["aed2dfb64579a965fee97e90992170d6"] => string(0) ""
    ["dob_month"] => string(1) "8"
    ["dob_day"] => string(2) "06"
    ["dob_year"] => string(4) "1987"
    ["0f5c51079a2a88f40136a018a91ef074"] => array(1) {
      ["mmqy"] => string(0) ""
    }
      [0] => string(4) "mmqy"
    }
    ["932dbbd669cfc76c60648354541c2462"] => string(12) "Asia/Kolkata"
    ["login"] => string(26) "emilyprentisscms@gmail.com"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(8) "********"
    ["remember"] => string(1) "1"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(24) "/forum/register/register"
  }
}

I checked your register page http://www.dressedwell.net/forum/register. Your captcha_slidercaptcha template is not correct.
Did you try to replace your template with the code i sent you? or just uninstall then install again the addon.
Just did a complete wipe of the addon (including deleting the old files off the server) and fresh reinstall, and the template still comes up as outdated. So I copied the template you gave me over the oudated version. The slider seems to work when I try it. Let me know if it looks right to you.

Top Bottom