Unmaintained Slider Captcha 2.6.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.3
  2. 1.4
  3. 1.5
Visible branding
No
An alternative anti-spam bots addon for Xenforo.

Slider Captcha 2.6+
use Dragdealer.js by Ovidiu Cherecheș - http://skidding.github.io/dragdealer/

Slider Captcha 2.2 and older use jQuery UI Slider Captcha by João Pargana - https://github.com/ist-dsi/jquery-ui-slider-captcha

The slider is functional in all modern browsers. Slider is full responsive and can be used in touch devices.

To activate this captcha, visit your Xenforo Admin > Options > User Registration > Choose "Slider Captcha"
Options- User Registration - Admin CP - XenForo.webp

Set Secret Key & Timeout
Admin CP -> Options -> Slider Captcha -> Secret Key
A random key for your website.

Admin CP -> Options -> Slider Captcha -> Timeout
- Set timeout for viewing user. After this timeout elapses, the visitor can not pass the captcha validation. Default: Disabled

Choose A Backup Plan
For browsers with JS disabled.
Admin CP -> Options -> Slider Captcha -> Fallback

- ReCaptcha
- Questions
- Noscript Notice

Options Fallback- Slider Captcha - Admin CP - XenForo.webp

contact.webp

contact-verified.webp

signup.webp

forgotpassworrd.webp

Full Customization
Version 2.2 and older - By editing the "captcha_slidercaptcha" template and follow this link to modify the jQuery script - https://github.com/ist-dsi/jquery-ui-slider-captcha

Version 2.6+ - http://skidding.github.io/dragdealer/

Modify slider hint text:

There are two phrases: slidercaptcha_hinttext and slidercaptcha_hinttextafterunlock

slidercaptcha_hinttext = "Swipe to Verify"
slidercaptcha_hinttextafterunlock = "Verified! Thank you"

Slider Captcha Style Properties
slidercaptcha_style_property.webp

HOW TO INSTALL

You can use the Add-On Installer of Chris D.

OR

1) Download the zip file then Extract its contents.
2) Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
3) Login to Admin CP and using the provided XML file.
  • Options- Slider Captcha - Admin CP - XenForo.webp
    Options- Slider Captcha - Admin CP - XenForo.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 288
Author
Tan Tran
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 8 ratings

More resources from Tan Tran

Latest updates

1. Version 2.6.2

- Fixed bugs. - From this version, font awsome is disabled by default. If the slider icon does...
  2. Version 2.6

Slider Captcha 2.6 Changelog: - Slider Captcha is now using Dragdealer.js by Ovidiu Cherecheș -...
  3. ErrorException: session_start() Error

Fixed the session_start() error on some websites.

Latest reviews

It's time to stop annoying users with unreadable text or silly questions. Swipe and welcome is all we need, and this is just perfect!
Works great so far, I highly recommend it for an easy to use and un-intrusive captcha option. Works great on desktop as well as on mobile devices. Keep up the good work.
Simpy a must have, just installed this and the simplicity of use and security are absolutely amazing.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really nice and slick captcha method. Easy for humans - way easier than recaptcha which I find infuriatingly hard to get right sometimes.
So it's installed on AVForums.com and working nicely.
gr8 add on, works fine at my xf 1.3 ...
greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........................................tttttttttttttttt......!!!
thank you ...
This is a really amazing captcha add-on. So far I've not had any bot registrations and is very easy to verify. I really hope this keeps being updated and remains effective. :)
Tan Tran
Tan Tran
Thank you. I will keep you updated.
Terrific add-on and captcha. Users love it.
Just be careful of the timeout option, if you set a low value than no-one can ever pass the captcha and instead get an error. Put my as 0 (disabled) and its great.
Tan Tran
Tan Tran
Thanks for your feedback.
Switched from KeyCAPTCHA to this because it's actually supported the Forgotten Password page. Some other Also, this is a good method from stopping bots. Thank you for this awesome plugin!
Tan Tran
Tan Tran
Thank you!
Top Bottom