Resource icon

Simple Portal 1.1.0 RC1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the error log

[16-Apr-2013 17:09:21] PHP Warning: Unexpected character in input: ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/library/SimplePortal/Static.php on line 95
[16-Apr-2013 17:09:21] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/homebro/public_html/TALKUTUBE.COM/library/SimplePortal/Static.php on line 95
Maybe its due to me using Japanese Character?
this is my site
talkutube.com

I noticed that when the avatar is in the default location (left side) and the promoted thread has two videos, the first is indexed over to the right, offset by the avatar but the second is left justified below the avatar. Can this be addressed with your portal?

BTW this is super clean and loving it. I have the avatar on the right side for now but like it better as the default setting.
That's "as designed" because of the float.

Attachments

• style1.webp
    style1.webp
    47 KB · Views: 34
You said that you were working on supporting resources in Simple Portal as well? Do you have a time frame in mind for this at all?

You said that you were working on supporting resources in Simple Portal as well? Do you have a time frame in mind for this at all?
Sorry, no time frame. We're following xenforo with "it's ready, when it's ready".
We're a small team with many already released projects (and many more in the pipeline ;) )

For 1.1 we tagged:
  • Resource Support (finished)
  • Post Support
  • Portal Items RSS Feed (finished)
  • Better [bd]Widget Framework Support (finished)
  • new secret feature

I'm still working through a few issues someone might have some answers to:

1. I can't attach an image, insert it into the message and have it show up on the portal. I can link to an image on a server but the photo sizing option does not impact it.

2. I am trying the bb code [portalpreview=exclusive] and it's giving me an error. I wanted to make sure this is the actual bb code I am to us to have content appear on the portal but not in the promoted thread. If I am using the proper bb code, I'll paste details of the error.

2. I am trying the bb code [portalpreview=exclusive] and it's giving me an error. I wanted to make sure this is the actual bb code I am to us to have content appear on the portal but not in the promoted thread. If I am using the proper bb code, I'll paste details of the error.

[portalpreview=exclusive]This is visible only on the frontpage[/portalpreview]Test
will result in:
Portal: "This is visible only on the frontpage"
Thread:"Test"

http://demo.extralicense.com/?page=2

[portalpreview=exclusive]This is visible only on the frontpage[/portalpreview]Test
will result in:
Portal: "This is visible only on the frontpage"
Thread:"Test"

http://demo.extralicense.com/?page=2
I tested this in a thread and got the following:

The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Table './jfuqua_xftest/xf_search_index' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 110
  5. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 82
  6. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 44
  7. XenForo_Search_Indexer->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php at line 51
  8. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 688
  10. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line667
  11. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_indexForSearch() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 523
  12. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  13. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 207
  14. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionSaveInline() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jfuqua/public_html/xf/index.php at line 13

I tested this in a thread and got the following:

The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Table './jfuqua_xftest/xf_search_index' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 110
  5. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 82
  6. XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 44
  7. XenForo_Search_Indexer->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php at line 51
  8. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 227
  9. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 688
  10. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_insertOrUpdateSearchIndex() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line667
  11. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_indexForSearch() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 523
  12. XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
  13. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Post.php at line 207
  14. XenForo_ControllerPublic_Post->actionSaveInline() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/jfuqua/public_html/xf/index.php at line 13

That's not from this addon.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-i-dont-know-whats-it-d.18526/#post-239697

If I can figure out the photo issue, I think I've tested everything I wanted to test.

The checkmark for "add attachment" has to be made at the time the thread is promoted. I was trying to edit after. I have to unpromote and re-promote to select that block. Works great.

It doesn't seem to resize linked images.

Still looking for a way to get a photo over the headline and adjust the vertical spacing. I like what I see so far.

http://www.gotitans.com/xf/

Reactions: Dan
What would you exactly want to show?

Description and Version?

Attachments

• testres.webp
    testres.webp
    6 KB · Views: 24
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom