Resource icon

Simple Portal 1.1.0 RC1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curios how many prefer this design http://xenforo.com/community/resources/*******-quick-create-thread.2224/ to our implemention of the "create new xxx" feature?

createnew-png.54378

The portal homepage should be a newspaper style in my opinion. If multi-columns are too difficult then one column like xenporta is fine.

Selecting the "News" Option is cool, but doesn't work properly in RC1. It's selecting the Threads not regarding the thread creation date, which I would expect.

Selecting the "News" Option is cool, but doesn't work properly in RC1. It's selecting the Threads not regarding the thread creation date, which I would expect.
That's by design.

Instead of display_order, the "promotion" timestamp will be used (and not thread creation, resource creation,..) date

I see.

"My" Problem is, that currently I'm runnig vb with CPMS which displays just the content of 1 News Forum. That's great, but now I need a replacement for that solution. Simple Portal is great and now with the auto-promote even better. But what I have to do now is to repromote about 200 Threads to the portal. Or kind of...

I see.

"My" Problem is, that currently I'm runnig vb with CPMS which displays just the content of 1 News Forum. That's great, but now I need a replacement for that solution. Simple Portal is great and now with the auto-promote even better. But what I have to do now is to repromote about 200 Threads to the portal. Or kind of...
I see.

Would a custom (and very cheap;) ) importer work?:D

Is anyone actually using the 2 column layout? We are having some issues displaying it correctly and need to get a feel for how many are actually using that particular layout.

Simple Portal has been updated to the latest version on our Demo Site.

If everything checks out, we will be releasing 1.1.0 this Monday.
As mentioned, we want to make our portal great/powerful, but also very easy to use.
Thats why everything is modular and most of the enhancements will be included as extra addons.

That's the list of extensions, which we're working on
extraportal.webp

Change history:
Version 1.1.0
  • Included support for XenForo 1.2 Responsive Style
  • Replaced cache rebuild with Deferred action
  • Removed several code listeners, which aren't needed anymore
  • Optimized templates and included some new css classes to allow easier customizations
  • Auto Promote Thread Feature included

As mentioned, we want to make our portal great/powerful, but also very easy to use.
Thats why everything is modular and most of the enhancements will be included as extra addons.

View attachment 56036

Change history:
Version 1.1.0
  • Optimized templates and included some new css classes to allow easier customizations
Looking good. (y)

Just one thing, it's integration ;)

View attachment 56036

Change history:
Version 1.1.0
You have done a good job for the responsive layout. (y)

Reactions: Dan
I hope you will be doing a Xen Media Gallery integration too. :)
I don't have a copy of it personally to integrate it. The integrations above are possible because our clients allowed us access to their database because they needed the integrations for their sites. Would you like to buy a copy of it for us? :P I surely would accept. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom