Resource icon

Simple Portal 1.1.0 RC1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I create a new content type and it redirects me to create a new thread, I get this error at the top of the forum,

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in/home3/xxx/public_html/xxx/library/SimplePortal/TemplateCallbacks.php on line 24

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in/home3/xxx/public_html/xxx/library/SimplePortal/TemplateCallbacks.php on line 44

Also I'm confused as to what the content types do.

Reactions: Dan
When I create a new content type and it redirects me to create a new thread, I get this error at the top of the forum, .
thx
this is a bug for users with php < 5.4
fixed for next rc

Also I'm confused as to what the content types do.
:whistle:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/simple-portal.48572/page-10#post-613675

The content types support is included since version 1.0 but sadly nobody used this feature (that's why we're going to release several modules once simple portal 1.1 is stable)

That's the most powerful part of simple portal, because you're able to promote and show threads,resources,blogentries... on the portalpage.
If you visit our demo, you'll see that we're showing threads and a resource.

thx
this is a bug for users with php < 5.4
fixed for next rc

:whistle:

The content types support is included since version 1.0 but sadly nobody used this feature (that's why we're going to release several "modules" once simple portal 1.1 is gold)

That's the most powerful part of simple portal, because you're able to promote and show threads,resources,blogentries... on the portalpage.
If you visit our demo, you'll see that we're showing threads and a resource.
Also could you answer this?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/simple-portal.48572/page-12#post-615396

@ExtraLicense I may have missed some updates, but has the RSS post feature been implemented?
After thinking about this some more (i think we may have been talking about 2 different things), I guess it is somewhat implemented. With autopromote now included you can feed a forum with rss feeds that will autopromote to portal ;)

After thinking about this some more (i think we may have been talking about 2 different things), I guess it is somewhat implemented. With autopromote now included you can feed a forum with rss feeds that will autopromote to portal ;)

So this would be good if you have a wordpress blog. You can feed your wordpress posts in through an rss feed to a forum to the simple portal. Not quite sure why someone would do this, but useful if you have a lot of content in a wordpress blog and don't want to transfer everything over into xenforo. Or if you are using an outside hosted service like Wordpress.com or even Typepad or Blogger.

Reactions: Dan
Exactly:)

But a RSS to Portal Module is also already on our todo list to avoid creating (unnecessary) threads. (We have already ~ 3 finished modules) We just want to make sure that our Content Type API is powerful enough and don't need any major changes, so that our modules don't break on each upgrade..

Then you'll be able to do something similar like @digitalpoint at his indexpage https://www.digitalpoint.com/

One idea I though of was to have "category clusters" on the simple portal page. You could set the number of clusters and then set which categories show up in those clusters and give the cluster a name. Each cluster could be 1 column or 2 columns. You would then pick how many items get pushed to that cluster. Or you could promote a thread to a particular cluster. You could also set the order of the clusters.

Basically doing what you do now, but have the items be separated out into defined sections on the portal page. This would be useful for more of a "magazine" or "newspaper" styled homepage with separate sections, instead of dumping all the promoted threads into one group.

You are probably already working on something like this, but thought I'd throw in my idea. This is pretty impressive so far. Well done! :)

Those look interesting. You must be cooking up something good. You'll have to rename it "Advanced Portal".

Here is another example: http://themeforest.net/item/fearles.../full_screen_preview/5100272?ref=magazinehive

Even something basic like would be great:

CLUSTER 1.........................SIDEBAR
(Category 1 & 2)........................V
CLUSTER 2..............................V
(Category 3 & 4).......................V
CLUSTER 3..............................V
(Category 5, 6, 7, etc.)..............V

The "V" is an arrow pointing down to represent the sidebar. You choose which categories automatically get pushed to which cluster. Or exclude a thread (inside a category) from being pushed to a cluster. Or you can manually promote a thread to a cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom