Resource icon

Simple Portal 1.1.0 RC1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing with this on my test site and love the potential. I'm running into the issue of, when I select two columns without featuring the first article, the first article stays above the other though they have the same number. It does narrow it to half the width. My goal is to have each row be side-by-side.

http://www.gotitans.com/xf

Ignore my css as I need to figure out why the extra space under the headline. I'd also like to find a way for attached photos to show up above the headline.

Thanks for your work with this. Any future plans on having the ability to have threads from certain users auto-promote? My goal is to have an RSS feed move automatically to the front page.

Right now, it won't show images attached to the thread. It will show linked images but the size option doesn't seem to change the original size.

I'm playing with this on my test site and love the potential. I'm running into the issue of, when I select two columns without featuring the first article, the first article stays above the other though they have the same number. It does narrow it to half the width. My goal is to have each row be side-by-side.

http://www.gotitans.com/xf

Ignore my css as I need to figure out why the extra space under the headline.

Thanks for your work with this. Any future plans on having the ability to have threads from certain users auto-promote? My goal is to have an RSS feed move automatically to the front page.

Right now, it won't show images attached to the thread. It will show linked images but the size option doesn't seem to change the original size.
Thx for reporting!
That's a small bug with fixed styles if there's not enough space for 2 columns.

Open template simpleportal.css
Search for
Code:
width: 49%;
and replace it with
Code:
width: 48%;
We're working already on an better workaround for this.

You need to add this to EXTRA.css

Code:
.itembit .messageText {
max-height: auto !important;
}
Thanks but it didn't have any impact.

I recently updated to 1.1.4 and have some style issues with Aurora. It may have something to do with that.

Are you sure you added it to the right style? I'm not seeing that code in the page through firebug

Edit: never mind I was wrong, just remove max-height line in simpleportal.css

Are you sure you added it to the right style? I'm not seeing that code in the page through firebug

Edit: never mind I was wrong, just remove max-height line in simpleportal.css
That worked. I still have a strange gap under the headline that I'm tracking down now.

The biggest challenge with having 2 columns is the various style widths people use. Sidebar width, padding all that has a impact on settings and to have a universal setting is near impossible.

With that said I'm trying to use {xen:calc ' '} to determine the correct width in the next version but we have to figure out how to get the style width before it is actually calculated.

Reactions: Dan
When I delete the thread, it keeps the empty box at simple portal site.......
also when I add hyperlink to my thread, it gives me error screen....

Reactions: Dan
I noticed that when the avatar is in the default location (left side) and the promoted thread has two videos, the first is indexed over to the right, offset by the avatar but the second is left justified below the avatar. Can this be addressed with your portal?

BTW this is super clean and loving it. I have the avatar on the right side for now but like it better as the default setting.

that fixed the non deleted thread for me!

here is another issue with hyperlink....when I use hyperlink in thread and try to use its thread in simple portal I get below error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@talkutube.the100yengamer.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at talkutube.com Port 80

1. Sorry this was the wrong package
The real update is coming now

that fixed the non deleted thread for me!

here is another issue with hyperlink....when I use hyperlink in thread and try to use its thread in simple portal I get below error
Anything in your error log? (xenforo or apacha error log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom