Resource icon

Simple Portal 1.1.0 RC1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great addon! (y)
Unfortunately I have the problem, the oldest post is at the beginning and the new post is on the circuit.
How can I change that? http://afbe-clan.at
1. thx for the nice feedback:)
2. I can't confirm this
the newest entry is on top for me

Attachments

• Attacking Fair Battle Eagles.webp
    Attacking Fair Battle Eagles.webp
    85.9 KB · Views: 60

Simple Portal is sorting the items by the display order of the elements.
If you active the option "Use as Newspage" it will sort the items by promote date.
So if you promoted your thread http://afbe-clan.at/index.php?threads/borderlands-2-ultimate-upgrade-pack.44/ as first, it will be on the last page

Have you enabled the
Use as Newspage
If this option is enabled, the display order will be ignored and the items will be sorted by the date
option?

Is enabled! When it is activated, it's not true! if disabled, it holds true! Google Translator

enabled
Oct 30, 2012 first
Oct 20, 2012
Oct 18, 2012
Mar 7, 2013
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 8, 2012
Oct 19, 2012
... last
disabled
Apr 3, 2013 first
Oct 20, 2012
Oct 18, 2012
Mar 7, 2013
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 8, 2012
Oct 19, 2012
... last

Can this be setup like this?

example.com <- portal
forum.example.com <- forum

I ask this becuase i can't seem to find a portal for xf that will do it, and if there is i cannot find it. Anyone know how to do such a thing?

Is enabled! When it is activated, it's not true! if disabled, it holds true! Google Translator

enabled
Oct 30, 2012 first
Oct 20, 2012
Oct 18, 2012
Mar 7, 2013
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 8, 2012
Oct 19, 2012
... last
disabled
Apr 3, 2013 first
Oct 20, 2012
Oct 18, 2012
Mar 7, 2013
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 8, 2012
Oct 19, 2012
... last
Were you able to locate your problem?

Yes, Ihave. The Simple Portal is awesome!

sig.png
support is awesome too.
Quietly unflappable, attentive, informative, courteous, patient.
I have used other addons where it is the support that fails the package so I stop using them, and do all I can not to buy/ use from that source again.
Too many devs are too clever clever code obsessed and don't give the priority necessary to the humans trying to use that code. That attitude of contempt wrecks the user experience as badly as buggy code.
sig.png
is right at the top for professional support.

Reactions: Dan
Anyone done a matrix of functionality differences between XenPorta, Widget Portal, and Simple Portal?

Since the latest release of XenPorta has now removed the very functionality that I like/want the most - threads in a designated forum are auto-promoted to the portal - seems I have lost the main benefit in remaining with XenPorta and can review other possible alternatives.

I'm still playing around with this and wanted to make a couple of suggestions for future releases:

The alignment of articles is still a little bit more narrow than it could be in the two column format. Example:

alignment.webp

When increasing the width, the columns end up butting. My goal here is to have it at an even width as the banner ad.

Also, the way it adds images might be improved. Right now, I have to attach a photo, place it in the post, promote the post, then remove the image from the post if I don't want it. Having it show up by just attaching would be nice.

If I can get a few things worked out, I'm switching to it. You guys have something good going here.

Suggestion for a future revision... allow more granular controls for the "First Item Featured" content versus the rest of the content. Attached is a pic that goes along with this suggestion.

For testing on a fixed width style I have the options turned to "Show Two Columsn" and "First Item Featured". I'm liking how it is shaping up but have ran into an issue where because the first item featured display area is using the same style definitions as to the rest of the items that are shown in columns then it is ending up with a lot of dead space below the text of the first item.

Opinions, of course, will vary, but what I'd like to be able to do is to specify settings for the first item apart from the rest of the default settings. That way, for example, I could specify to display the first 1000 characters of the featured item versus the first 400 characters of the rest. The height of the feature item would then need to be specified explicitly as well, perhaps even use the "Show Large Avatar" with the feature item versus the rest.

As I type this I realize that I am essentially asking for two "Settings" options in the Style Properties, one for the defaults and one for the featured item. :whistle:

Attachments

• Simple Portal - Layout.webp
    Simple Portal - Layout.webp
    79 KB · Views: 47
The height of the feature item would then need to be specified explicitly as well
Why? If you don't define a height wouldn't it just expand as required, and thus be dynamic in nature depending upon how much content it contains and/or the dimension metrics of that content

Why? If you don't define a height wouldn't it just expand as required, and thus be dynamic in nature depending upon how much content it contains and/or the dimension metrics of that content
Depending on the sites style some designers will prefer being able to specify fixed height so that there is a consistent look & feel on the page in regards to the positioning of elements.

He has modified things so I would not go by what you see there and I also think that may be his testing area.

Depending on how you want this to look it all comes to down styling and CSS. 2 column layout are solely dependent on the pageWidth, padding, margins ect....

Every style will be different as this was designed on a default style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom