Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

I'm starting to lose a bit of faith in LiquidPro... seems like nothing but trouble, along with free mods you release don't get updated to correctly work with current releases... if you can't maintain free mods, let alone have an issue free product with the prices you're asking here, what confidence do I have in forking out $75 to your business for a paid product that others are reporting nothing but business / licensing issues with?

I'm starting to lose a bit of faith in LiquidPro... seems like nothing but trouble, along with free mods you release don't get updated to correctly work with current releases... if you can't maintain free mods, let alone have an issue free product with the prices you're asking here, what confidence do I have in forking out $75 to your business for a paid product that others are reporting nothing but business / licensing issues with?

What issues are you having exactly?

Problems will always get more airing than praise so it's probably worth pointing out that whilst there are maybe a few teething problems with the licensing, etc this software is what we've been looking for for our site for years and works great. It's executed extremely well, especially things like the thread template customisation and the devs are very open to feature requests.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/liquidpro-new-thread-quota.11965/page-2#post-299784

No responses to that products issues.

More importantly, reading through customers here... they seem to be having nothing but issues with licensing / business end of their purchases. That isn't instilling confidence in me buying this, and I like the product... but I am reading a lot of problems from users with the licensing side of things.

Well being that this is the first time we have ever released a license-type product we are going to run into some issues. We try to test to make sure it works but until things are going full force you aren't going to be able to tackle them all. We are certainly not sitting on our hands while our clients flounder around with licensing issues.

What product issues are you seeing here? If it relates to our free addons, as you can see that our release of Simple Forms was close to when 1.1 was released. We were in full stride of BETA testing our product and thus that has taken quite a chunk of our time. Not to make excuses, but we feel our free products can wait a little while longer so we can get these issues sorted out and then release quality updates for our handful of free addons.

I am sorry that our process and reasoning for this is not good enough, but we are definitely trying our best on all fronts.

I purchased the Plus version & downloaded the software on my g/f's pc didnt get a chance to install the plus addon because I was waiting for my host provider to install ionCube well now I am not going to see my g/f till jan. and I went to download it on my home pc and it is asking me to renew it? of 20 dollars? is this true or is this an error?

This should be fixed and it now associates the support package properly. My apologies as I had it configured wrong.

I'm getting the same thing, I just tried downloading the .zip file on my work PC (originally downloaded at home) and got:

"Your Support & Updates period for this license has expired
You will need to renew your support & updates before you can download the latest files"

I can't imagine the download is tied to IP address as many people don't have a static IP at home so I think it's maybe an issue with LiquidPro's system and should hopefully be sorted. It looks like the years support which was meant to be included with the original purchase hasn't been set up right.

You definitely won't need to re-purchase it :)

This is also fixed, same explanation as above. You will now see the addon for support show properly under your license.

SMH and I just purchased that 10 renew thing because I thought I needed to ANGRY FACE!

You have been refunded, no worries at all! :)

Has anyone modded this into a survey tool or a helpdesk system? Seems like the functionality is here with a few tweaks. Just curious if anyone has done it and if there are any examples?

Has anyone modded this into a survey tool or a helpdesk system? Seems like the functionality is here with a few tweaks. Just curious if anyone has done it and if there are any examples?

You can easily set this up as a base form to submit tickets to a particular forum in combination with the prefixes from XenForo 1.1. That is how we use it for feature and bug submissions on our own forum. You can also set the form system to create a survey with various options such as:
  • One response per user.
  • A maximum of 100 responses.
  • Pull all results into a CSV for import into other systems.
It's very flexible and we hope to continue to make it flexible as we develop it further.

Reactions: DRE
I've submitted a bug report to their forum about this and I'm sure they'll sort it all out.

They've been extremely helpful so far so I don't think you'll have a problem getting it resolved :)
I did also and they got back fast with the answer.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/liquidpro-new-thread-quota.11965/page-2#post-299784

No responses to that products issues.

More importantly, reading through customers here... they seem to be having nothing but issues with licensing / business end of their purchases. That isn't instilling confidence in me buying this, and I like the product... but I am reading a lot of problems from users with the licensing side of things.

To me it seem as though they had a quick response with a resolution that was more then satisfying. I have not yet installed ionCube so I am unable to tell you the amazing-ness of this add-on, but I will most defiantly keep you posted! To looks from what I have found this is the only add-on that provides this kind of feature/features!

Ok I think I need a little help.

ionCube is installed

but when I go to install the addon I receive this error

Site error: the file /services/webpages/util/2/m/2myhego1f.myutilitydomain.com/downwithdestruction.net/public/forum/library/LiquidPro/SimpleForms.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation.

Any Suggestions?

Ok I think I need a little help.

ionCube is installed

but when I go to install the addon I receive this error

Any Suggestions?

I am not 100% sure about ioncube installation as I usually leave that to my hosting provider. But I believe that it was not installed properly. Did you contact your hosting provider?

I am not 100% sure about ioncube installation as I usually leave that to my hosting provider. But I believe that it was not installed properly. Did you contact your hosting provider?

Yes I did, over and over and over again for the past couple of days. & they tell me the same thing that it is installed. I even showed the your simple form page on liquidPro and they keep insisting that it is installed and that it is a coding issue. So I am lost and clueless

Yes I did, over and over and over again for the past couple of days. & they tell me the same thing that it is installed. I even showed the your simple form page on liquidPro and they keep insisting that it is installed and that it is a coding issue. So I am lost and clueless

Ah, I see. We are considering some major changes to the product in terms of the encryption and licensing system. We hope to have it settled tonight and if that is the case it will directly effect you. Hold out for just a second as we hammer these details once Andrew (LiquidPro) is available.

Ah, I see. We are considering some major changes to the product in terms of the encryption and licensing system. We hope to have it settled tonight and if that is the case it will directly effect you. Hold out for just a second as we hammer these details once Andrew (LiquidPro) is available.

Cool Beans, sounds good to me. Thank You for the quick response!

Cool Beans, sounds good to me. Thank You for the quick response!

One thing you can do to at least see in PHP sees that IonCube is installed, is create a new document with

PHP:
<?php

phpinfo();

?>

As the contents, then hit that page, somewhere in there, youshould have IonCube listed (just search for cube). If nothing returns, you can tell that to your host, as it obviously *IS* their problem.

One thing you can do to at least see in PHP sees that IonCube is installed, is create a new document with

PHP:
<?php

phpinfo();

?>

As the contents, then hit that page, somewhere in there, youshould have IonCube listed (just search for cube). If nothing returns, you can tell that to your host, as it obviously *IS* their problem.

I did Link is here

http://downwithdestruction.net/php_info.php

but I just found an new issue Since they installed it it messed up xenforo. I found that the .htaccess file located in the domain directory is screwing it up and if I temp disable it then the forums work but then ionCube is not listed in the .php info page Contact them about this issue and all they could say to me is that they do not give support for coding issues and the .htaccess is:

AddHandler phpCGI .php
Action phpCGI /cgi-bin/php-cgi5210
#SetEnv PHPRC /services/webpages/d/o/downwithdestruction.net/php5.ini

Ive been getting run around's all weekend it sucks!

So in other words I am guessing that theres nothing wrong with this addon or what is installed but instead my .htccess file

Top Bottom