Simple Forms [Paid] [Deleted]

A couple of suggestions (I'm still on the fence about IonCube... hehe).

The ability to add/remove a usergroup from someone after the fill out a form. I've got some open registrations I'd like people to fill out a quick questionaire and then once done (regardless of their answers), change their usergroups.

I think this idea is a little too complex, but... I'd like to have it so I can set specific usergroups to be able to create forms. But I'd like it so they can ONLY edit their own forms and such things like posting to a forum/thread only show what they have permissions to see normally. This would allow me to offload some things on to other people, without having to give them admin access or otherwise access to all forms.

Anyway, just some ideas. =)

I can say the first suggestion is definitely feasible but I will let LiquidPro chime in on the 2nd as that could involve more development work than my "tiny" brain can understand haha.

LiquidPro will probably contact you to gain more information. We may work this to incorporate with the user upgrade and notices system.

Another question (sorry!), but will multiple instances of the Plus version work on the same domain (it says single domain and not single installation).

Specifically why I"m asking is that we have a test installation of XF on a sub-domain and I wondered if it'd work both there and on our actual site.

Purchased but this "The Valid Domain, IP and Directory will be detected & saved the next time the license is used." worries me a bit and don't want to install on our test sub-domain until it's been confirmed it will also work on our main site.

(Also what happens if our server IP address changes?)

Purchased but this "The Valid Domain, IP and Directory will be detected & saved the next time the license is used." worries me a bit and don't want to install on our test sub-domain until it's been confirmed it will also work on our main site.

(Also what happens if our server IP address changes?)

You can re-issue the license at anytime.

But is it one license per domain (e.g. valid at *.domain.co.uk) or will the sub-domain count as a separate license? Obviously we'd want to have it work on our (private) test site as well as on our actual site at the same time. Would that require 2 licenses?

But is it one license per domain (e.g. valid at *.domain.co.uk) or will the sub-domain count as a separate license? Obviously we'd want to have it work on our (private) test site as well as on our actual site at the same time. Would that require 2 licenses?
The license allows for IP conflicts (so your IP can change) without a re-issue. It also allows for directory conflicts, but not domain conflicts. In theory, a sub-domain would not work, but a folder under the same domain would.

So, if I had...
http://www.liquidpro.net/community
and
http://testforum.liquidpro.net

That will not work with the license, you would have to have the license re-issued. You would also run into problems with using them both at the same time.

If I had...
http://www.liquidpro.net/community
and
http://www.liquidpro.net/community/test

That should work with the license. We have not tested this, but that's the way it should work.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. That's a bit rubbish to be honest as most people will have a test install of XF (as allowed by the XF license) so would expect to be able to have a test install of this installed along with it (and you do state "domain" in your pricing which is maybe a bit misleading).

For now I'll just install on our test sub-domain but I guess I'll have to buy a second license when we migrate our site to XF for real.

(Sorry for complaining, it's still a great add-on and at £10 it's worth buying twice)

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. That's a bit rubbish to be honest as most people will have a test install of XF (as allowed by the XF license) so would expect to be able to have a test install of this installed along with it (and you do state "domain" in your pricing which is maybe a bit misleading).

For now I'll just install on our test sub-domain but I guess I'll have to buy a second license when we migrate our site to XF for real.

(Sorry for complaining, it's still a great add-on and at £10 it's worth buying twice)
Maybe my explanation wasn't quite clear. The licensing will allow for you to have multiple installations on the same domain. It will not allow for cross domains (i.e. including different subdomains). This is out of the box functionality.

If you have a test forum that is on a different subdomain than your production forums, please submit a ticket through our client system (https://liquidpro.net/clients), and we can add the subdomain to your list of allowed domains. I just gave this a try myself, and it works like a charm.

I definitely do not want you to have to purchase multiple licenses just because you have a test forum.

And now a new problem:

"Fatal error: The file /xxxxx/local/home/xxxxxxx/library/LiquidPro/SimpleForms.php was encoded with the PHP 5.3 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.3 to be installed. in Unknown on line "

We're running 5.2.17 as we're still running an old version of VB on our server so can't upgrade.The system requirements for XenForo are PHP: 5.2.4+ and from what I can tell you make no mention of requiring PHP 5.3...?

Thanks for your patience/help :)

And now a new problem:

"Fatal error: The file /var/hsphere/local/home/wwwidea/xf.spurscommunity.co.uk/library/LiquidPro/SimpleForms.php was encoded with the PHP 5.3 ionCube Encoder and requires PHP 5.3 to be installed. in Unknown on line "

We're running 5.2.17 as we're still running an old version of VB on our server so can't upgrade.The system requirements for XenForo are PHP: 5.2.4+ and from what I can tell you make no mention of requiring PHP 5.3...?

Thanks for your patience/help :)
Looking into this now. I had a misunderstanding that XenForo required 5.3, so when I compiled I made it require 5.3, which is not the case. I am installing PHP 5.2 right now to ensure the add-on works.

Thanks again for your help in sorting this :-)

Quick question, does "Thread Template" support HTML, BBCode or neither/both?

BBCode seems to work.

I think this is maybe beyond the scope of the add-on but one functionality that would be great for us would be that the user selects an options from a dropdown box (already possible) and depending on what they select, one of a set of pre-determined images is automatically attached to the post.

That would allow us basically to have "topic icons" for news stories which would work with the XenPorta RecentSlider and not require any manual attaching, etc.

I grabbed the free one to test this out, installed it without editing the license.dat - noticed the you are a pirate message (lol), went back and edited the license.dat and decided to just reinstall, so I uninstalled it then re-installed (with the license.dat file now edited containing only my license) and I still get hit with the you are a pirate message.

Any ideas? Went through the process to get it as a normal customer would.

Darv1.jpg

Edit: Just refreshed the above page after posting this and it now has all my relevant information in those boxes, however the pirate message is still there:
fNmJL.jpg

I suppose I could try to re-install now that the license page shows my server info? :confused:

Edit2: Re-installed for the hell of it and still no dice, I am a pirate. :(

Edit3: Would the valid IP not matching whatever IP is returned by pinging the domain cause issues? e.g. license reads x.x.x.30, but pinging the domain will return x.x.x.29, due to a multiple listen config such as:

listen x.x.x.30:80;
listen x.x.x.29:80;
listen x.x.x.28:80;

The license.dat file needs editing and also the local.dat license files needs to be writable (not sure if that will help).

Also I think I found a small bug, special characters aren't stripped.

For example, if I put an & into a text box, the destination thread displays &

BBCode seems to work.

I think this is maybe beyond the scope of the add-on but one functionality that would be great for us would be that the user selects an options from a dropdown box (already possible) and depending on what they select, one of a set of pre-determined images is automatically attached to the post.

That would allow us basically to have "topic icons" for news stories which would work with the XenPorta RecentSlider and not require any manual attaching, etc.

This might interest you:

http://www.liquidpro.net/community/threads/simple-forms-documentation.6/#post-12

The conditionals can be set to display an image (you have hosted) depending on the value of the drop down. Using the message template you can use the IMG BB code.

I grabbed the free one to test this out, installed it without editing the license.dat - noticed the you are a pirate message (lol), went back and edited the license.dat and decided to just reinstall, so I uninstalled it then re-installed (with the license.dat file now edited containing only my license) and I still get hit with the you are a pirate message.

Any ideas? Went through the process to get it as a normal customer would.

Darv1.jpg

Edit: Just refreshed the above page after posting this and it now has all my relevant information in those boxes, however the pirate message is still there:
fNmJL.jpg

I suppose I could try to re-install now that the license page shows my server info? :confused:

Edit2: Re-installed for the hell of it and still no dice, I am a pirate. :(

Edit3: Would the valid IP not matching whatever IP is returned by pinging the domain cause issues? e.g. license reads x.x.x.30, but pinging the domain will return x.x.x.29, due to a multiple listen config such as:

listen x.x.x.30:80;
listen x.x.x.29:80;
listen x.x.x.28:80;

I will have LiquidPro look into this. Not quite sure why that is happening.

Also I think I found a small bug, special characters aren't stripped.

Hmm...we will look into this as well. Thanks for letting us know.

For example, if I put an & into a text box, the destination thread displays &

Top Bottom