Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
BTW.. this is for Bobster I guess, and probably no to this, but is it possible to have more than one instance of the showcase on a site? Happy to pay for more licenses of course, this is more a technical question...

If you wanted to have one for one thing, and another for a completely different thing? Rather than having Categories and Sub Categories, for both to have a top order NavTab of their own?

Or... For it to be split somehow? lol I dunno sounds silly now I type it :p But hopefully you will get what I mean.

Its not silly and I know exactly what you want and mean... It is possible to run 2 or more instances of showcase (or any addon for that matter) however, it isn't "easy" to accomplish. The first instance you'd install normally. The 2nd instance requires a ton of modifications to the core files and the xml before the 2nd instance can be installed. I've done a few of these types of multiple instances of the same addon installs over the past several years. I really don't recommend doing this, but would be lieing if I said that it couldn't be done as I've done it more than once for people. Its a royal pain in the backside, specially when you have to do it for each upgrade as well, so keep that in mind. Sounds like you could just do Custom Category Pages for the different areas and make custom Nav Tabs that would take you to the custom landing for that particular category. You can actually do A LOT by modifying the category template.

Reactions: Kim
Its not silly and I know exactly what you want and mean... It is possible to run 2 or more instances of showcase (or any addon for that matter) however, it isn't "easy" to accomplish. The first instance you'd install normally. The 2nd instance requires a ton of modifications to the core files and the xml before the 2nd instance can be installed. I've done a few of these types of multiple instances of the same addon installs over the past several years. I really don't recommend doing this, but would be lieing if I said that it couldn't be done as I've done it more than once for people. Its a royal pain in the backside, specially when you have to do it for each upgrade as well, so keep that in mind. Sounds like you could just do Custom Category Pages for the different areas and make custom Nav Tabs that would take you to the custom landing for that particular category. You can actually do A LOT by modifying the category template.

Ahhh Thanks for the answer Bob, I will have a play around, but I might need to come and pester you some more about how to do things :)

Reactions: Bob
Completely understand your (and others) need for a Reviews System, but please understand that I am not going to discuss a potential addon within this thread. This thread is for Showcase. Feel free to start a thread at the support site (http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/feedback-suggestions.8/) to discuss a reviews addon :) Thanks in advance for your understand Andy.
I started a thread on your support site.
http://addons.nfljunkies.com/threads/reviews-addon.263/

It's 2013 and I think it's time that we have a fully-featured review system. What do you say? ;)

Showcase your showcase! :)

Who has this installed and are happy to show it off? I'm interested in seeing how people have implemented and what it's looking like at other sites. Inspiration for me :)

tinkered a bit for about 5mins (alot of the styling didn't inherit) but then i knew it wouldn't since there's some template edits/html edits) and sideblocks which i knew wouldn't take/inherit. But just to say it's such a pleasure styling this bobster, so many options and the versatility of this add-on is a stylers wet dream. :p bit dramatic but hey, just to also say i'll rate this most excellent add-on shortly once i can pull myself away from tinkering with it. :D

Excellent work Bobster, i knew I wouldn't be disappointed (y)

Got some nice design ideas I want to try but for now just made a few css changes here and there to the custom styling.

showcase-showdown-showme.webp

tinkered a bit for about 5mins (alot of the styling didn't inherit) but then i knew it wouldn't since there's some template edits/html edits) and sideblocks which i knew wouldn't take/inherit. But just to say it's such a pleasure styling this bobster, so many options and the versatility of this add-on is a stylers wet dream. :p bit dramatic but hey, just to also say i'll rate this most excellent add-on shortly once i can pull myself away from tinkering with it. :D

Excellent work Bobster, i knew I wouldn't be disappointed (y)

Got some nice design ideas I want to try but for now just made a few css changes here and there to the custom styling.

Please let me know if there are some core inheritence that I should change/include and or if there are things (CSS/Layout) that I should change to help with inheritence more without effecting the ability to customize ;)

Demo upgraded to RC4 (includes things like nested categories, category tabs for sorting by most recent, top rated, most popular and latest updates (similar to how the RM does it))

Please let me know if there are some core inheritence that I should change/include and or if there are things (CSS/Layout) that I should change to help with inheritence more without effecting the ability to customize ;)

Will do, Atm I'm just familiarising myself with showcase in setting stuff up but once I having everything up and comfortable with it I'll shoot some suggestions at your forum. :)

Demo upgraded to RC4 (includes things like nested categories, category tabs for sorting by most recent, top rated, most popular and latest updates (similar to how the RM does it))

Just as I started the re-do of mine... hehehe. Awesome.

Can't wait to see how this works out. I might have a suggestion or two, depending on what comes of this. But it likely is just because of how I need it... hahahaha.

I have a Downloads Manager Add-on that will be released soon. DLM has most everything this has, but its built specifically to be a downloads manager vs showcasing Items. 8thos has been trying his hardest to get me to combine the two, but I won't be doing that. SC and DLM will remain separate addons.

Sorry to go off topic here a bit but do you have any ETA of when you will be releasing the Downloads Manager?

bobster65 updated Showcase with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Release Candidate 4

• Misc minor bug fixes (all reported bugs fixed)
  • Major Template Changes (you will need to revert and reapply most customization's)
  • Misc minor CSS Changes
  • Added new functionality 'Nested Categories'
  • Added new functionality 'Item Sorting on Category and Member views'
  • Added new option 'Max Item Message Length'
  • Added new option 'Max Comment Length'
  • Modified option 'Top Contributors Sidebar'
  • Modified option 'Most Popular Items Sidebar'
  • Route change for Items...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom