Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Didn't you say something in that email about attachment thumbnails or some technical stuff? :)

Didn't you say something in that email about attachment thumbnails or some technical stuff? :)

ya, if you use the new rebuild thumbnails functionality in core xf, it rebuilds ALL thumbnails the the size specified for threads regardless of content type. I'll will be building similar functionality into showcase so that you can rebuild just showcase thumbs.

ya, if you use the new rebuild thumbnails functionality in core xf, it rebuilds ALL thumbnails the the size specified for threads regardless of content type. I'll will be building similar functionality into showcase so that you can rebuild just showcase thumbs.

I told @Chris Deeming this, but if you have content-specific thumbnails, you really should be building separate thumbnails. Attachment thumbnails are associated with the attachment data not the attachment itself. The attachment data is not content specific.

I told @Chris Deeming this, but if you have content-specific thumbnails, you really should be building separate thumbnails. Attachment thumbnails are associated with the attachment data not the attachment itself. The attachment data is not content specific.

Makes perfect sense :) Thank you! and job well done on the update!

Vicki, only USA people can fill that question in the registration form (http://addons.nfljunkies.com). I don't think I'm requesting a stupid thing...
I hope you'll understand...

Not necessarily stupid - but a little self-centered... I live in the USA and I don't "do" football and had to use Google myself. Added a few seconds - and is a perfect use of captcha related to his site.

Reactions: Bob
All current functionality works with xf 1.2.0 Beta 3. As with xf 1.2.0 Beta 1, you will need to replace one template (code is posted at the support site).

Bobster, when will you add the functionality to "reply to sales question" or "reply to who wants to buy the add-on"?

As I do ever year at this time...

4th of July Sale = $35.00 Ends Thursday Night, July 4th!

note: all addons in the store are $5 off as well as all brand free licenses at $10 off.

As I do ever year at this time...
4th of July Sale = $35.00 Ends Thursday Night, July 4th!

note: all addons in the store are $5 off as well as all brand free licenses at $10 off.
So, you want to sell only and not reply any question made by potential customers?

Thank you Sheldon, I was upset because I saw you were online but I haven't got any answer from you since 1 month ago, that's why I'm complaining

This is not my add-on. I am merely helping bobster65.

You quoted the author, not me, but I replied to clear up any confusion.

What does the thumbnail show? A small version of the attachement, just a part of the attachment or is the user able to define the shown part? like with the xf avatar, but with a real crop feature and not the pseudo feature like in xf (where only the visible part is the image being changed)

What does the thumbnail show? A small version of the attachement, just a part of the attachment or is the user able to define the shown part? like with the xf avatar, but with a real crop feature and not the pseudo feature like in xf (where only the visible part is the image being changed)

I have it storing a medium sized thumb on upload (at the moment based on 300px). Then I have a crop/resize js on various templates for finer custom shape/size per template instead of forcing one shape/size throughout.

Quick question.

Would it be possible change the creator after an item is posted? I'll explain the situation.

I run a video game website for a wrestling game. Guys make their own created wrestlers, and then they put them on the online database ON the video game. I find the best ones, and add them to the Showcase so people know which ones are the best to download. I want the Showcased item to not show my name, and instead, show the name of the person who created it. So instead of saying "JABRONI" on the list, it says "CREATOR'S NAME." When you click on the item, instead of "Created by JABRONI," it says, "Created by CREATOR'S NAME"

I don't want any confusion on who made the creation. I understand it might be a pretty weird situation for people not in the niche; I hope I explained it well enough.

Is "Creator" a site member or not?

If the "Creator" is another member, then you can use the "Reassign Item" functionality (in 1.3.0).

If "Creator" is not a member per say, you can create a custom field, make the field a 'self placement' field, edit the item template and place that field where you want it to display.

Is "Creator" a site member or not?

If the "Creator" is another member, then you can use the "Reassign Item" functionality (in 1.3.0).

If "Creator" is not a member per say, you can create a custom field, make the field a 'self placement' field, edit the item template and place that field where you want it to display.

Creator is usually not a member of the forum. Might need some help with the custom field stuff later on; I'll be reinstalling this soon. Thanks!

Top Bottom