Shoutbox by Siropu

Shoutbox by Siropu [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy (€14.99)
@Siropu, I updated Shoutbox to 1.8.3. Thanks for the update. I need two things in the Shoutbox widget. I can't find a way how to do them. I have embedded the Shoutbox widget on my forum home page at visualize.beauty and use it for my daily Visualize Beauty Quotes.

1. Could you please give us an option for the Shoutbox widget to remain open by default for unregistered guests and visitors? It shows closed right now.

2. 90% of my visitors are from the mobile. They can't easily find the tiny expand Shoutbox button on the right corner of the widget's top bar and as a result they miss out on my new daily Quotes in the Shoutbox. Could you please give us an option for those who like to use it, while keeping the present default behavior, that tapping the whole top bar of the Shoutbox widget will expand it? In that case, I don't mind if the Archive, Sort, etc. buttons on the right corner of the top bar are disabled and don't show anymore on the widget top bar when we choose this option. The Sort button could show up on the archives page. As you must know, tapping anywhere on the whole bar to expand it is the most common and easily understood behavior to view collapsed content on mobiles, imho. So that would help the visitors find my daily quotes in the Shoutbox. I don't want to make a thread out of my quotes. Thanks again for considering it.

Last edited:
I need two things in the Shoutbox widget.
Add the following code to siropu_shoutbox template at the start:

JavaScript:
<xf:js>
$(function() {
     var toggle = $('.siropuShoutbox a[data-toggle="visibility"]');
     <xf:if is="!$xf.visitor.user_id">
     toggle.click();
     </xf:if>
     $('.siropuShoutbox .block-header').click(function(e) {
          if (e.target.className.match('block-header')) {
               toggle.click();
          }
     });
});
</xf:js>

Thanks, that makes it so much easier to expand and collapse the Shoutbox on mobile browsers by tapping on its widget bar. Will this change in the siropu_shoutbox get overwritten in the next Shoutbox update?

@Siropu, please also help with the code to load the shoutbox widget expanded at first for guest visitors and all members, instead of closed like it is loading now. Can't find how to do that. Thanks again.

please also help with the code to load the shoutbox widget expanded at first for guest visitors and all members
The code above makes it expanded for guests. If you want it expanded for all users, then un-check admin option "Start collapsed"

Questions about the AI-integration: is the max token length adjusted with the max allowed length of the shouts? Is the AI in any way aware of the context, or will it react to the prompt only? (I am trying to think of use cases, if it is not context aware, meaning it would be a very short answer to a very concise question...)

is the max token length adjusted with the max allowed length of the shouts?
The AI response doesn't have the shout limit set in admin options.

Is the AI in any way aware of the context, or will it react to the prompt only?
AI doesn't know what has been posted into the shoutbox it will only provide responses based on the prompt.

Another question about the /ai function: Could you add a way to choose the model? E.g. GPT-3.5 16k or GPT-4? While 16k might not make sense because the context will never be that high anyway, GPT-4 might be better suited in some cases.

1691601491172.png

@Siropu - bug.

notes, "dAI" is a real user. BB code is disabled as well as "Enable quick user tagging @ button".

Update:

Thread logging when enabled does not log the AI reply.

What's the bug? I don't get it... :)

Does not use the pre-defined alias user markup nor does it enable the username tagging markup. The AI imo should use any existing users ID with its group/markup as well as bypassing any tagging restrictions to allow the linking of the person calling upon the /ai command.

Hope this explains it better.

Is it possible to make the messages font smaller?
Add in extra.less template
CSS:
.siropuShoutboxMessage
{
    font-size: 12px;
}
Or this for all text including usernames.
CSS:
.siropuShoutboxShouts
{
    font-size: 12px;
}

I wanted to change the sound file for shoutbox submission - styles/default/siropu/shoutbox/new.mp3
and replace with a new sound file, not working. Can you pls help

Top Bottom