Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey v2.2.10

No permission to download
How can I change the color in:
1. "block-header" (gradient)
2. "p-sectionLinks"
3. ".block-container"

I tried looking everywhere but I couldn't find them.

Go to:
AdminCP > Appearance > Templates > Type "extra.less" using search, and make the changes there.

Last edited:
Gator updated Shades of Grey with a new update entry:

Minor update

I made a few enhancements to the styling in an effort to make the style look better. You can check out my Demo site to see the changes I made if you like. For example, I changed the solid line separating stickeys into a dashed line with a different color. Its a little more subdued now and I think it looks better. I also added a dark colored background for those who enable the character counter in the Xenforo editor. I made other small updates and changes, so I hope you like them...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shades of Grey 2.4

I accidentally left my personal Logo URL in the style, so this version has it removed. Sorry about that. :)

If you have already installed version 2.3, just simply go to Admin CP > Appearance > Shades of Grey > Basic Options and check "Revert customized value" to clear my personal logos. You probably already figured that out, so no big deal. If not, I have uploaded version 2.4 which has this already cleared.

Shades of Grey (blue/cream) - Style properties > Header and Navigation > Header/logo row > check revert customized version.

Just downloaded & installed latest version (2.4) and still ran into this issue. No big deal, but just so you know.

Last edited:
Shades of Grey (blue/cream) - Style properties > Header and Navigation > Header/logo row > check revert customized version.

Just downloaded & installed latest version (2.4) and still ran into this issue. No big deal, but just so you know.
I discovered another issue with the "Style type," and so I will be fixing it tonight (working on it now). Sorry for the confusion

Shades of Grey 2.5

Okay, I located the issue with my personal logos and favicons and all should be removed now. I also changed the "Style type" to "Dark." When I originally created the style, I didn't think it really made a difference what was checked, or the purpose of the two different types, but after downloading an "Add-on" I recently purchased, I realized what the setting was actually used for. Apparently, some add-ons may call for the style to match a dark or light theme, so it can be used in multiple...

Default last posts and post time display on forum homepage not optimal, just so you know:

DETQBcB.png

Thanks.

Actually, sorry, never mind. I just wasn't thinking. It's almost certainly just the result of me resizing the node columns. My first reaction was that it must be the style because I wasn't noticing it on the previous style I'd been using (which I also resized), but it's really just my own stupidity. :oops:

I like everything about this style, but when XenForo sends a new user email verification it blacks out the link they need to click on in the email. They can't see the black test because puts it in a black banner or box . Any suggestions on how i can fix this?

I like everything about this style, but when XenForo sends a new user email verification it blacks out the link they need to click on in the email. They can't see the black test because puts it in a black banner or box . Any suggestions on how i can fix this?
Yes. In the Admin CP, go to Setup > Options > Appearance and select the default XenForo style for email.

In the meantime, I will look into the email color for Shades of Grey

Last edited:
Great skin!!!
Just would like to know where control the avatar size in messages on phones. In desktop browser, the size is OK but in phones screen, the default xenforo theme makes the avatar smaller. This is what I want to keep in Shades of Gray. Thanks! 👍

In desktop browser, the size is OK but in phones screen, the default xenforo theme makes the avatar smaller.
Good point I never realized this. For now, simply go to:

Appearance > Styles > Shades of Grey > Templates

and search for "extra.less" and look for
Code:
.avatar.avatar--m {
     width: 120px !important;
     height: 120px !important;
}

Delete this code snippet and all should be good.

NOTE: Please understand that I am a novice at this, but I will try my best to find a fix. :)

Last edited:
Good point I never realized this. For now, simply go to:

and search for "extra.less" and look for
Code:
.avatar.avatar--m {
     width: 120px !important;
     height: 120px !important;
}

Delete this code snippet and all should be good.

NOTE: Please understand that I am a novice at this, but I will try my best to figure out a fix. :)
Excellent!!! 👍👍👍👍👍

Shades of Grey 2.6

The last version (2.5) had an enlargement setting in the CSS for avatar size. This caused an issue with the mobile avatar size, and because of this, I have removed the snippet of code and re-uploaded the Shades of Grey files without it. If you don't feel like downloading and re-installing, all you have to is delete this code snippet as explained below, and the default XenForo Avatar size will go back to default.

Simply go to:

and...

Top Bottom