1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Complete

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Tracy Perry, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If anyone is in the market for a decent priced dedicated server here ya' go. I've got two with them now and the support (what little I've needed) has been great.

They have gotten some more Xeon dual L5520's in and they are still priced at $55 each per month. I'm about to grab a third one.
    No setup fees

24GB DDR3 ECC
    1TB SATA drive
    100Mbps unmetered
    1 IP address

RoldanLT and Shelley like this.
  2. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

It's an unmanaged server. But the specs they're offering seem to blow up the competition.

3. Tracy Perry

Yep....it's totally unmanaged. The ONLY way to fly. :LOL:
    It's not THAT hard to learn how to set one up. :whistle:

Shelley likes this.
  4. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm willing to be educated. :D I'm not too savy with all the server (nackend) stuff I'm basically spoon fed by my wonderful hosting guy with that regard. :LOL:

Tracy Perry likes this.
  5. Tracy Perry

Heck, the hardest part is hardening the server - once you get iptables down and if using Debian installing Fail2Ban, you are on the home stretch. I got the third one just to have - haven't really figured out a use for it yet - may put my wife and my blog on there. Kinda overkill since neither one of us use it - just set them up to learn how. I'm contemplating setting it up as a mysql replicator (just to learn how).

Shelley likes this.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

lol you see that stuff is flying right over my head. :D Good to see your all sorted though @Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry likes this.
  7. Tracy Perry

Oh, believe me, I don't have it all sorted. I'm still learning as I go.:confused:

Shelley likes this.
  8. evilmaniac

evilmaniac Member

What host is this ?

9. Tracy Perry

10. evilmaniac

evilmaniac Member

Are you a recent customer, or a long time customer with them ?

11. hellreturn

hellreturn Active Member

How's their network? Hard to find good network peering in that price range.

D.O.A. and Luke F like this.
  12. Tracy Perry

I guess you'd classify as recent. Got the first one in 05/13, about 2 weeks later got the second one and just got the third last night.

13. Tracy Perry

So far, I don't have any complaints (you could also ask @Mike Edge as he's with them).

14. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Well there goes my plan of reselling them :p

15. Tracy Perry

Have at it.. I got my third one at the bargain basement price. Still trying to figure out what to do with it. :LOL:
    I only got the unmetered 100Mbps on this one... and according to Daniel it is true unmetered, unlike what you get at some other places. You have the full 100Mbps pipeline.

16. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Active Member

It would be nice if they had the option for hardware RAID.

17. Tracy Perry

They do... it''s extra a month - you have to request it on the additional info page. I'm still considering doing it to the one with the SSD's in it I have.

18. Tracy Perry

I had put $40 in, but that was what my SSD's ran. I have a request into them right now to find out how much the hardware raid is. Since I only went with 2 drives I decided on software RAID.

19. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

If they have ddos protection, that's more better :)

20. Tracy Perry

That would be icing on the cake but true Hardware DDOS mitigation will be hard to find anywhere on a price at that level. Hardware costs alone have to be recouped.