XF 1.3 Seems like there are to ways to set permissions for moderators?

the other one is here after selecting
User Group Permissions: Moderating
2.webp

so, which one I use and what's the difference?
I want to set global moderators, and if possible not to set each ones settings one by one but at once.

so if I configure the user group, i just set the user to be that user group and I"m done right?

and the other option is if i want the different super moderators to have different privileges or?

which one overwrites the other?

so if I configure the user group, i just set the user to be that user group and I"m done right?

and the other option is if i want the different super moderators to have different privileges or?

Permissions are cumulative, but you don't really need to touch the user moderator permissions when making moderators unless you are making content moderators.

Permissions are cumulative, but you don't really need to touch the user moderator permissions when making moderators unless you are making content moderators.
Not entirely accurate...

Basically if you want all of your super moderators to have the same moderator permissions, make them a moderator and add them to the moderator user group where you have set up your permissions.

If for some reason you want some super moderators to have just certain permissions, then you could assign those permissions individually in your first screenshot. You would also use these individual permissions for any forum moderators that you create, as these permissions will then only apply to the forum that you are allocating them moderator status to (unlike the moderator group which gives the permissions across the whole forums).

Not entirely accurate...

That's what I gathered from playing around with permissions.

If you have a forum that has super moderators and sectional moderators, set everything you want super moderators to have in the user group permissions if you want them all to have the same permissions. Then for sectional moderators, don't give the user group any moderating permissions and instead set them in the node permissions. The same thing could be applied if you only have one moderator user group, but want each moderator to have different permissions.

Top Bottom