XF 2.1 Import process protocol -- how to set permissions without first importing usergroups?

Foynat

@Brogan your post https://xenforo.com/community/threads/importing-guidelines.25325/ says
The first step is to install XenForo......

Once installed, configure the software as required; whether that be importing a style or creating your own, installing any add-ons, setting the options in the ACP, configuring permissions, etc.

Perhaps I'm missing something here but how am I supposed to configure permissions if I have not imported usergroups or forums at this point?

OK, noted. Seems I will have a bit of work to do on going live day. I have voted for various suggested improvements to this import process. In my opinion an option for importing only posts, threads, and new users since a certain date would be a great addition to the import add-on.

There are 4 built in user groups which you can set the base permissions for.

I'm checking into this now, I have users who can't see certain nodes for some reason. It seems they were in additional usergroups that had permissions issues, when I deleted the additional usergroups, their access was restored (i guess I can just setup new group promotions, since the promotion criteria didn't import from VB)

Is there cleanup I can do in Vbulletin before my final import that will make the permissions process easier during my final import?

For example, I have a usergroup called, "Industry Reps" with several people in it as a primary usergroup. Should I move them into the Registered Users group in vbulletin now and make their Industry Reps group as an Additional User group?

If you can simplify the user groups and permissions in VB then it can help but you would still need to check after importing to make sure everything is as expected.

Top Bottom