Seeking Professionals

lazer

Hi all,

With xF in RC now, it looks like the time is fast approaching, when I need to seriously look at a wholesale move for my busy forum (c700,000 posts). Whilst I have been a member here since September 2010 and have installed and played with every iteration of my favorite forum software (who doesn't love xF?), I am no designer and am certainly not comfortable in handling a wholesale move of my existing vB3.8 forum to xF. The first thing we would like to do is to have a skin created that reflects our site (both existing and into the future). Once we have a working skin on our test site we will then be looking for a professional conversion service.....however....

.......Initially, I am looking for a site designer/coder with a proven track record in xF. Someone who is fully compliant with xF and can show me what they have already achieved. They must be highly communicative and willing to take onboard ideas BUT at the same time be able to tell me when something won't work. I already have a "shopping list" of design features and would be happy to discuss this work in PM with anyone fitting the above criteria.

If you're interested and can deliver, I look forward to hearing from you.

us at xenfans have quite a bit of experience with importing vbulletin 3.8 boards into xenforo 1.0 and 1.1.
We unfortn. don't have the resources available to make custom themes, but we might be able to help you import and show you a preview of your converted board.

Have you tried running the vb38 import on your xenforo board yourself yet?

Hi :) We can help you with both importing and styling your forum.

References:

www.entropiaplanets.com
www.afterworldforum.com
www.thatgameforum.com
www.diablophilia.com (still working on this)
www.cyreneforum.com (choose Cyrene in the style chooser to see the actual style - still working on this)
www.corefreedom.com
www.schmitzit.com/forums (our own semi new forum - the BrokenArch style is my newest creation)

50 USD/hour

I can also help you with your logo / graphic details like nodeicons, header etc.

Thanks ;)

Hi :) We can help you with both importing and styling your forum.

References:

www.entropiaplanets.com
www.afterworldforum.com
www.thatgameforum.com
www.diablophilia.com (still working on this)
www.cyreneforum.com (choose Cyrene in the style chooser to see the actual style - still working on this)
www.corefreedom.com
www.schmitzit.com/forums (our own semi new forum - the BrokenArch style is my newest creation)

50 USD/hour

I can also help you with your logo / graphic details like nodeicons, header etc.

Thanks ;)
What did you do for CoreFreedom? It's using Flexile by Erik.

We now have an awesome custom style, developed by Graeme from XenFocus (great guy) :D So, that's part one done and dusted.

Now, onto part 2 - the add-on's. There are a few add-on's already available here, that meet our needs but we also need a couple of custom add-on's created.

Are there any add-on supremo's who are available to discuss our needs?

Are there any add-on supremo's who are available to discuss our needs?
I can think of a few people I've seen make some great stuff.
But I think availability is a key issue.
and if you give people details about what addons you want ... that would likely bring more people out of the woodwork.
eg. someone might not like image manipulation / gallery stuff .. but could make a killer articles addon.

Good points DD. :)

As a start, we're looking for:
We may have others as we are in "Dev" mode...

PC Spec - seems quite simple. Should be easy to find somone to do that.

Post templates - certainly the more complex of the two.

Morgain's idea is a good one. I myself would provide super clear details as to your requirements. Screenshots / Videos of the vBulletin add-ons in action. You know what is in the details ...
devilish.gif

New forum created by me, opened up yesterday (different styles in the chooser):

www.cyreneforum.com

Just as another example though this one was made from scratch and not on top of an existing style ;)

Ahh sorry - then nothing. I read it wrong.

Just nevermind me :( I read it as you needed a customized designed style.

Over and out.

Top Bottom