Add-on Seeking developer to assist post migration (include external PHP)

EasyExpat

Hello,

We are currently migrating from PHPBB3.0.6 to XF 1.5.18.
However, being completely new to XF after 15 years on PhpBB we just want everything up and running with at least a few functionnalities. Therefore we are ready to work with an experience XF developer who can assist on several specific issues.

NB: If addons need to be made, we expect them to be delivered. For other things, we expect just to explain.

Here is an overview of what needs to be done:

The idea is to have something very close to the existing layout (at first).
Here is what needs to be done (not exhaustive but most of it):
1- XF must fit inside the current area dedicated to the forum. It means that header and left column (include external PHP pages) would probably be included into the header
>>> We expect the Dev to show how to use PHP code inside templates (callbacks?) and we will have some parts made of includes (for example the logo display is a php include). We will then perform the work ourselves based on a working example.

2- Similar problem with the footer

3- In the registration, possibility will be offered to register via Facebook (already exist) AND when registering via Facebook, the user should see 3 additional fields appear:
  • Nationality (drop-down showing language country name but inputting in DB country code, e.g. US or ES or FR=> the website is in 9 languages so lang country should be independent.)
  • Country of living (same as above)
  • Text free area to put the City
>> I assume it is a mix of Addon and Custom fields
We will need to know how to access that information on other parts of the site.
Does FB import photo and other info such as birthday, etc that are usually requested?

4- The member area should include 3 new tabs for Comments, Jobs and Classifieds that are filled with our PHP functions >>> probably using a callback for each tab to display the result of external PHP script)

5- explain how to change urls on XF.
For example: forums_xf/threads/my-favorite-post.40648/ to become forums_xf/my-favorite-post-t40648.htm
alternatively (second option), work on htacess rewrite to permanent redirect forums/my-favorite-post-t40648.htm to forums/t/my-favorite-post.40648/

And a few other htaccess requests

6- Addon to delete user and all activity associated (it might already exist but have not found) with option to ban IP or email

7- Show how to manage translations for all new fields (i.e Nationality, Country,... and maybe help line going underneath)

I can provide more detailed in PM.

Many thanks in advance
Best regards

Last edited:
Top Bottom