Search Improvements

Search Improvements 2.13.1

No permission to download
Any idea of the following error?
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1189

[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/vicontr/p...', 1189)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1189): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/andrew_moderatorpanel_macros.php(238): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewModerato...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(827): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1451): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('andrew_moderato...', 'andrew_moderato...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1654): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(565): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(2285): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(404): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(11) "/community/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
It quotes https://xenforo.com/community/resources/andrew-moderator-panel.8131/ addon but I'm not sure which one is creating the conflict

Any idea of the following error?
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewModeratorPanel is not callable on the given object (SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1189

[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/vicontr/p...', 1189)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1189): trigger_error('Method canViewM...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/andrew_moderatorpanel_macros.php(238): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewModerato...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(827): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s39/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1451): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('andrew_moderato...', 'andrew_moderato...', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1654): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(565): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(2285): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(404): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(11) "/community/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
It quotes https://xenforo.com/community/resources/andrew-moderator-panel.8131/ addon but I'm not sure which one is creating the conflict
This error is from the andrew_moderatorpanel_macros template and my add-on is unrelated to that.

Xon updated Search Improvements with a new update entry:

2.11.1 - Bugfix update

• Workaround XF2.2.13 does the search before checking it it can save it as a cached value, which can result in a query that is massively more complex than expected being sent to elasticsearch
    • This issue practically doesn't occur with stock XFES, but with additional search addons such as ElasticSearch Essentials this can generate unexpected errors

Read the rest of this update entry...

It technically affects all XF2 versions. However it really only matters if you are using this add-on and ElasticSearch Essential add-on, as together they can bloat the complexity of the search query significantly.

It technically affects all XF2 versions. However it really only matters if you are using this add-on and ElasticSearch Essential add-on, as together they can bloat the complexity of the search query significantly.
Cool. Thanks! I'll upgrade the add-on. :)

Incompatible with XenForo 2.3.0 Beta 1

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Entity\User::hasResourceCategoryPermission() in src/addons/XFRM/Entity/Category.php at line 161
XFRM\Entity\Category->hasPermission() in src/addons/XFRM/Entity/Category.php at line 58
XFRM\Entity\Category->canView() in src/addons/XFRM/Search/Data/ResourceItem.php at line 223
XFRM\Search\Data\ResourceItem->getTypePermissionConstraints() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 239
XF\Search\Search->applyPermissionConstraints() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 212
XF\Search\Search->executeSearch() in src/XF/Search/Search.php at line 180
XF\Search\Search->search() in src/XF/Repository/Search.php at line 33
XF\Repository\Search->runSearch() in src/addons/SV/SearchImprovements/XF/Repository/Search.php at line 101
SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Repository\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 507
XF\Pub\Controller\Search->runSearch() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 120
XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch() in src/addons/SV/SearchImprovements/XF/Pub/Controller/Search.php at line 86
SV\SearchImprovements\XF\Pub\Controller\Search->actionSearch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 258
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2588
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 532
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

That is actually an error with your XFRM install, not Search Improvements.

Search Improvements does have some compatibility issues (some template issues), but they are fairly minor and wouldn't cause that.

I am still running 2.10.4 and am investigating a bug. So far, I've only determined that disabling Search Improvements solves the issue. I wondered if you could see if you can replicate so I can narrow this down to version, conflict, or bug?

• As a guest, perform an empty search from the search box but include a member name in the member field (preferably one with more than than one page's worth of content)
  • On the search results page, click "next" in pagination
  • You are redirected to the 1st results page (unintended behavior)
  • Clicking "next" once again then correctly redirects to 2nd page

Initial URL structure: /?c[users]=CStrategies&o=relevance
URL structure after hitting "next" the first time: /?q=%2A&c[users]=CStrategies&o=relevance

Please try updating (preferably to the latest), the 2.11.1 bugfix release touches on the code path which would be touched by that bug.

Please try updating (preferably to the latest), the 2.11.1 bugfix release touches on the code path which would be touched by that bug.
Unfortunately the issue remains after upgrading. Can you give me some guidance on which code path to examine?

I've managed to replicate this, on my own site but not my dev site. I think it is how cached searches are being handled. Let me look into it this weekend

Top Bottom