Resource icon

[SchmitzIT] XenForo MediaWiki Bridge 2.0

No permission to download
What happens if separate user accounts already exist on both the Xenforo and Mediawiki installs and then you install this?

I have to admit that IO'm not 100% sure about that.

The main site we run this on has been using a similar add-on when we still ran vB (Ptoooei). The time I did check the wiki's database for usernames, it seems as if the existing usernames were just emptied, though the counts and what not seemed to be correct.

If you want to know 100% sure, then perhaps the best idea is to try on a test system first. If I find some spare time, I might give this a go on a local test copy, but that might be a while.

Sorry I cannot provide a clearer answer at this time.

I did some testing and it turns out that if you have MediaWiki users and Xenforo users already existing and proceed to set this up, the xenforo user takes precedence, even if the passwords are different.

I should also note that this does not let you login via mediawiki, you must visit the Xenforo forum install and login there. It would be nice to be able to login from either site.

Integration of Xen with another mainstream product is of course a big plus. But any wiki has very few registered users since guests can edit articles.
The most important point of the wiki-xenforo integration would be not users but content, mainly its movement from xen to wiki and reverse.

We actually disallow guest editing on our forums, as too many spammers try and get their link peddling into the wiki otherwise :)

I did some testing and it turns out that if you have MediaWiki users and Xenforo users already existing and proceed to set this up, the xenforo user takes precedence, even if the passwords are different.

I should also note that this does not let you login via mediawiki, you must visit the Xenforo forum install and login there. It would be nice to be able to login from either site.

I wish the Resource Manager had a wiki so I could add this information to inform future users. :)

I don't think Kier and Mike will make native wiki at least in near future.
Thats why I have to code it myself and lots of other important things too.

I don't think Kier and Mike will make native wiki at least in near future. Thats why I have to code it myself and lots of other important things too.
If you are serious about bringing wiki-like editing to content in Xenforo .. can you make a new thread to discuss it ? PM PC me if you would like to discuss. Very exciting !!!

Upgraded a mediawiki installation from 1.15 to 1.19 so that the plugin could be used. Unfortunately, now the skin doesn't work so the default monobook is set until things can be repaired. In regards to the plugin - though - the site will toss an error anytime the
Code:
require("$IP/extensions/XenForo/require-me.php");
is in the LocalSettings.php.

Under Firefox
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Under Chrome
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

Under Safari
Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 4.11.27 PM.webp

While the files are uploaded, the require_me.php line is commented out. Thank you for any suggestions.

Maybe the issue is with 1.19. I haven't had a chance to check that one out, but I'll shoot a message to xfrocks about this.

Cheers,

Peter

Maybe the issue is with 1.19. I haven't had a chance to check that one out, but I'll shoot a message to xfrocks about this.

Thank you. Skinning MW 1.19 is a pain. Adding a WP header was just simply get_header.php in the proper location. Now there is this headelement nonsense .. so I double checked it wasn't the skin by dropping down to the default :)

The webpage at http://carpediem.hikarma.info/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.

You must be using Chrome. Just checked your link and the browser returns the other messages I posted for Firefox and Safari. What versions of MW are you using? Most likely 1.19.

Update: I just looked and you have XenScripts bridge installed too.

You must be using Chrome. Just checked your link and the browser returns the other messages I posted for Firefox and Safari. What versions of MW are you using? Most likely 1.19.

Update: I just looked and you have XenScripts bridge installed too.
I was using Chrome. However, I think I just fixed it. By entering the full path in config.php, instead of the relative path, I'm now able to see the wiki (even in Chrome).

I was using Chrome. However, I think I just fixed it. By entering the full path in config.php, instead of the relative path, I'm now able to see the wiki (even in Chrome).

OK. Adding the full path in the config.php file does stop the errors but are you able to login through XenForo?

Top Bottom