Resource icon

[SchmitzIT] XenForo MediaWiki Bridge 2.0

No permission to download
Let me clarify. If you put in the wrong path in config.php then the wiki will load but the authorization will not happen. Instead, if you are using MW 1.19 then simply add the following to your LocalSettings.php and the error you reported goes away AND you will have authentication.

Code:
$wgDisableOutputCompression = true;

You may need to just remove the # in front of the line.

Anyway - this is how I solved the errors on MW 1.19, WP 3.3.2, and XF. I'm glad your install is working.

And yes - using XenScripts to control the membership between WP, XF, and MW is awesome!

Ohoh
When uploading a file:
Code:
Unexpected non-MediaWiki exception encountered, of type "ErrorException"
exception 'ErrorException' with message 'wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/var/www/htdocs/wiki/images/f/f7" mode 511' in /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php:2536
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(512, 'wfMkdirParents:...', '/var/www/htdocs...', 2536, Array)
#1 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php(2536): trigger_error('wfMkdirParents:...', 512)
#2 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/backend/FSFileBackend.php(343): wfMkdirParents('/var/www/htdocs...')
#3 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/backend/FileBackend.php(992): FSFileBackend->doPrepareInternal('mysql-mw_-local...', 'f/f7', Array)
#4 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/backend/FileBackend.php(330): FileBackendStore->doPrepare(Array)
#5 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/FileRepo.php(933): FileBackend->prepare(Array)
#6 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/FileRepo.php(879): FileRepo->publishBatch(Array, 1)
#7 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php(1175): FileRepo->publish('/tmp/phpnOM4TU', 'f/f7/Computercr...', 'archive/f/f7/20...', 1)
#8 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php(1152): LocalFile->publishTo('/tmp/phpnOM4TU', 'f/f7/Computercr...', 1)
#9 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/filerepo/file/LocalFile.php(908): LocalFile->publish('/tmp/phpnOM4TU', 1)
#10 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/upload/UploadBase.php(573): LocalFile->upload('/tmp/phpnOM4TU', '', '', 1, Array, false, Object(User))
#11 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(439): UploadBase->performUpload('', '', false, Object(User))
#12 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/specials/SpecialUpload.php(174): SpecialUpload->processUpload()
#13 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/SpecialPageFactory.php(476): SpecialUpload->execute(NULL)
#14 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(263): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Object(Title), Object(RequestContext))
#15 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(593): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#16 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Wiki.php(503): MediaWiki->main()
#17 /var/www/htdocs/wiki/index.php(58): MediaWiki->run()
#18 {main}

I'm using the latest Mediawiki version btw.

Thanks.

I think that might be the issue. We're running it on 1.18 and I have not been able to get in touch with xfrocks to get it updated.
I can defiantly wait - will be busy enough with setting up templates for the next two weeks :3

Thanks.

Does this require the wiki and forum installation to be on the same server or simply the same domain? I have 2 servers for each installation but the same domain.

Also, I noticed someone mentioned that users will HAVE to login via the forum and not mediawiki?

Does this require the wiki and forum installation to be on the same server or simply the same domain? I have 2 servers for each installation but the same domain.

Also, I noticed someone mentioned that users will HAVE to login via the forum and not mediawiki?

No, and yes. We actually recently moved the wiki database to a different server. Other than changing the location of the database in the localsettings file from MediaWiki, I do not recall having to change anything else.

And yes, users will have to authenticate against the forum. If you want to see the add-on in action, feel free to sign up and explore on www.entropiaplanets.com where we use the add-on :)

In other news, I have managed to get in touch with the developer, who currently is swamped. As soon as his schedule permits it, we'll try and get this add-on updated. I might test whether it currently supports 1.19 of MediaWiki, but for the time being, I cannot guarantee that it will.

New issue. The server was updated to PHP 5.3.17 and now edits do not work.

Your edit has been rejected because your client mangled the punctuation characters in the edit token. The edit has been rejected to prevent corruption of the page text. This sometimes happens when you are using a buggy web-based anonymous proxy service.

This is a magic_quote issue but I'm not sure how to resolve.

php.ini has feature enabled.

Code:
magic_quotes_gpc = On;

If removed then the edits are just garbled with // all over the place.

I can disconnect the XF bridge and login with an admin and the edits work.

Any suggestions?

Was there a change in LocalSettings.php needed to be made?

Fixed the issue by adding two lines to the LocalSettings.php

Code:
 $_POST['wpEditToken'] = stripslashes ($_POST['wpEditToken']);
$_POST['wpTextbox1'] = stripslashes ($_POST['wpTextbox1']);

Thanks to TigerTech for providing this answer.

I get this error when clicking on someone's name, if they're doing something in MediaWiki:

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MediaWiki/ControllerPublic.php at line 38
MediaWiki_ControllerPublic::getSessionActivityDetailsForList()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 312
XenForo_Model_Session->addSessionActivityDetailsToList() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 368
XenForo_Model_Session->getSessionActivityDetails() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 827
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionCard() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/betterverse/forum/index.php at line 13

Fixed the issue by adding two lines to the LocalSettings.php

Code:
 $_POST['wpEditToken'] = stripslashes ($_POST['wpEditToken']);
$_POST['wpTextbox1'] = stripslashes ($_POST['wpTextbox1']);

Thanks to TigerTech for providing this answer.

Awesome. I'll have that included in the documentation.

I get this error when clicking on someone's name, if they're doing something in MediaWiki:

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in MediaWiki/ControllerPublic.php at line 38
MediaWiki_ControllerPublic::getSessionActivityDetailsForList()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 312
XenForo_Model_Session->addSessionActivityDetailsToList() in XenForo/Model/Session.php at line 368
XenForo_Model_Session->getSessionActivityDetails() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Member.php at line 827
XenForo_ControllerPublic_Member->actionCard() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/betterverse/forum/index.php at line 13

Have you got a link for me by any chance? It seem as if there might be a part of the error message missing.

In other news, we will see whether the add-on will continue to work when moving to MediaWiki 1.19 somewhere next week. If not, it will be made to work with it :)

Can the recent-activity be truncated? The complete mediawiki page is being shown right now and showing just the line that a page is edited would be preferred.

Sure can :)

Edit template: mediawiki_news_feed_item_page_update

Replace:

Code:
<p class="snippet post">{xen:helper mediawiki_snippet, $extraData.text}</p>

With:

Code:
<p class="snippet post">{xen:helper mediawiki_snippet, $extraData.text, $xenOptions.newsFeedMessageSnippetLength}</p>

Reactions: LPH
I am using Cloudflare for my entire site.

You can find it at http://betterverse.net/forum -- Our Xenforo.
The bridged MediaWiki can be found at http://betterverse.net/wiki

Users are no longer being bridged: The bridge (Or MediaWiki?) is linking the user to the Cloudflare IP, rather than their own. I'm guessing this prevents proper session detection, and I'm wondering how that might be fixed or if a workaround could be coded.

Top Bottom