Resource icon

Schedule Content for XF 2.x [Paid] 2.2.0

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Just discovered bug in latest version for 2.2, if we just schedule a post for a future date, the add-on works. However, if we check the “change creator” checkmark, then the post won’t be hidden, all members can see the post even though it’s scheduled. That’s useless.

And we just scheduled 40 posts for the next month before we realized everyone could see all the posts.... So, this wasn’t good for our site.

Just discovered bug in latest version for 2.2, if we just schedule a post for a future date, the add-on works. However, if we check the “change creator” checkmark, then the post won’t be hidden, all members can see the post even though it’s scheduled. That’s useless.

And we just scheduled 40 posts for the next month before we realized everyone could see all the posts.... So, this wasn’t good for our site.
it's not a bug. Only action "Publish" to take the post hidden to everyone, other actions keep the post in current state.

@truonglv - I think what @CivilWarTalk is suggesting is that they want to check BOTH publish AND change owner at that time. Essentially, they want to use schedule content to schedule a post by another user. This could be solved by making the round checks into square checkboxes as well (similarly to my suggestion for the schedule thread function, coincidentally :LOL: ).

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 1.40.34 PM.png

@CivilWarTalk - TickTackk has a great add-on to change content owner, which works on scheduled posts without auto-publishing them. That's usually what I'm doing at this time, though it's quite possible that at some point truonglv will alter this Scheduled Content add-on to use checkboxes for everything and allow for multi-scheduling instead of using a radiobox list of options. It is a much more complicated functionality though.

@truonglv - I think what @CivilWarTalk is suggesting is that they want to check BOTH publish AND change owner at that time. Essentially, they want to use schedule content to schedule a post by another user. This could be solved by making the round checks into square checkboxes as well (similarly to my suggestion for the schedule thread function, coincidentally :LOL: ).

View attachment 238966

@CivilWarTalk - TickTackk has a great add-on to change content owner, which works on scheduled posts without auto-publishing them. That's usually what I'm doing at this time, though it's quite possible that at some point truonglv will alter this Scheduled Content add-on to use checkboxes for everything and allow for multi-scheduling instead of using a radiobox list of options. It is a much more complicated functionality though.
Will have that version soon

View attachment 238966

I actually use one of Andy's add-ons for that purpose, and that works fine, but we have a few specialty accounts for Trivia, and a few other events that we usually schedule in advance, but nobody logs into those accounts, so yes, we want to schedule in advance AND change the creator at the same time. My wife just assumed the post was going to be scheduled in addition to changing the "creator's name", not one "or" the other.

The previous version of this add-on was capable of that function, so we made the assumption this would work the same way.

I actually use one of Andy's add-ons for that purpose, and that works fine, but we have a few specialty accounts for Trivia, and a few other events that we usually schedule in advance, but nobody logs into those accounts, so yes, we want to schedule in advance AND change the creator at the same time. My wife just assumed the post was going to be scheduled in addition to changing the "creator's name", not one "or" the other.

The previous version of this add-on was capable of that function, so we made the assumption this would work the same way.

I used to be using Andy's add-on but as I went from 4 to 3 to 2 Andy add-ons, then found the free version from TickTackk which also includes changing post date, a separate add-on for which I was using something from someone else (I think Xon), I found that renewing the $35 subscription for Andy's add-ons felt less and less worth it. Eventually the only thing I was using by Andy was the Email Log, which I was not using with regularity and therefore ditched when I upgraded to 2.2. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Anyways...

Given that truonglv is amazing, I'm looking forward to future versions of this.

For that use Seeder from @TickTackk

Yes, it's perfect. I vaguely remembered seeing this add-on some time ago, but couldn't recall the name or details. It's what I was looking for.

@truonglv - The current format doesn't quite work as intended. The Lock, Unlock, Sticky, and Unsticky should also be "optional" square checkboxes instead of "pick-one" circles. The circles mean that if someone clicks on them and then changes their mind, they cannot undo without reloading the whole scheduling of the event.

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 5.26.25 PM.webp

@truonglv - The current format doesn't quite work as intended. The Lock, Unlock, Sticky, and Unsticky should also be "optional" square checkboxes instead of "pick-one" circles. The circles mean that if someone clicks on them and then changes their mind, they cannot undo without reloading the whole scheduling of the event.

View attachment 239364
By checkbox will make more confuse for users.

By checkbox will make more confuse for users.
Nah, you just make one checkbox to change whether or not the thread is sticky and one checkbox to change whether or not the thread is locked. For example, checking the lock/unlock box says when the scheduled time arrives "If the thread is locked, then unlock it. Else if the thread is unlocked, then lock it."

@truonglv

Is there any visual indication to the person scheduling a thread that the thread has not yet been posted when looking at it in a node? Just wondering, because I was trying it on your site and the threads I scheduled looked (to me) like they were posted immediately, so I couldn't be sure the addon was actually working. I would need to log onto your website with another account to check if I could see them or not...

Top Bottom